- Private, non-profit, osteopathic medical school in Dothan, Alabama that is an academic division of Southeast Health and was founded to address the state’s primary care physician shortage.
- Third medical school in Alabama and the state’s first osteopathic medical school.
- Pre-clinical curriculum:
- Systems-based integrated delivery with anatomy and molecular medicine cornerstones in first year
- Immersive simulation experiences and numerous standardized patient encounters
- Career development integrated in curriculum
- Clinical curriculum:
- Expansive network of qualified preceptors and training site since mid-2000s
- More than 30 core clinical training sites in Alabama, Florida and Mississippi
- Unique, mandatory clinical rotations in hospice care and rural medicine
- Nationally and internationally recognized and award-winning simulation program, with first-of-its-kind clinical simulation fellowship for medical school students.
- Ongoing development of graduate medical education at ACOM’s Alabama core sites through partnership with the Alabama Medical Education Consortium.
When inquiring or applying for positions within the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities with the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine and at other institutions of higher education in the region on AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine are posted, please sign up at new job openings at the Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine.