Butte-Glenn Community College
Butte-Glenn Community College, Table Mountain Boulevard, Oroville, CA, USA
Dean of Instruction (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics)
Butte-Glenn Community College
Closing Date/Time: 10/28/2019 4:00 PM Pacific
Salary: Not Displayed
Location: Main Campus - Oroville, CA
Department: Office of Instruction
Full-time Exempt 40 hours per week; 12 months per year
MSC Range 26; $130,948.21 per year
Tentative interview dates: December 5 and 6, 2019
• http://www.butte.edu/community/getting_involved/contacts/trustees/policies/chapter7pdfformat/AP%207410%20Relocation%20Incentive.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/may be authorized. If interested, the successful applicant must request relocation reimbursement at time of job offer.
• If you are relocating to the area, http://butte.edu/departments/hr/Housing%20Resources%2003%202019.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/ can be found on our Human Resources page.
• Work with a highly skilled dedicated faculty and staff in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
• Plan the new science building, funded by Measure J, a $190 million bond measure.
• Engage in effective collaboration focused on transfers with our local university.
• Health benefits: The District offers several plans to employees, many of them at no cost to the employee. Our health plans include medical, dental and vision for employees and dependents. Additionally, Butte College employees have access to two Health and Wellness Centers through Butte Schools Self-Funded Programs. Employees can receive free or reduced cost care (depending on plan election).
Butte College's main campus is located on a 928-acre wildlife refuge and we pride ourselves on being a national college leader in sustainability. Community partnerships matter to us. We work with our K-12 partners to create career pathways for students to seamlessly move from high school to Butte College coursework or credit to transfer to a four-year university. In fact, Butte College has the highest transfer rate of all California community colleges to California State University, Chico. Butte College contributes to economic development through the Training Place, and the Small Business Development Center.
For over https://youtu.be/SRaqlRMBTOI, we have successfully provided a quality educational experience to our students, offering associates degrees and training in career fields including business, medical, law enforcement, welding, automotive, computers, and more.
The ideal candidate will share Butte College's commitment to our http://www.butte.edu/community/about/mission_values.html, especially our commitment to educating our racially and socio-economically diverse student population. We currently enroll around 15,300 students annually, many of whom are from racially minoritized populations. 54% of Butte College students are white, 28% are Latinx, 6% are Asian, 2% are African American, 1% are Native American, and 5% are multi-ethnic. As a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), Butte College understands that it has a great responsibility to the educational attainment and economic well-being of our surrounding communities.
The successful candidate will join a campus community that demonstrates its commitment to student equity by supporting ongoing professional development for students, faculty and staff. These opportunities include a Cultural Awareness Community of Practice, FAIR Classrooms, active Diversity and Student Equity Committees, support for our http://www.butte.edu/services/AB540/UndocResource%20Guide-10.16.17.pdf https://get.adobe.com/reader/, a robust set of culturally responsive programs and events, and conferences related to equity-mindedness and supporting the success of our diverse students. We invite applicants to visit the http://www.butte.edu/diversity/ for more information about these concepts and our commitment to equity and success.
Under the administrative direction of the Vice President for Student Learning, administers and supervises their assigned educational programs of the District, ensuring compliance with established curricular and instructional objectives and policies. Assists with the selection, management and evaluation of academic and classified staff within the departments supervised, and performs related work as required.
The duties recorded below are representative of the duties of the class and are not intended to cover all the duties performed by incumbent(s) of any particular position. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the scope of work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class. The essential duties of the class are indicated with an asterisk *
• Provides leadership in the formulation, development and revision of curricular and instructional objectives within the departments supervised.*
• Assists with the preparation of the master class schedule; updates College catalog content as appropriate; develops teaching schedules, loads and room schedules for day and evening classes and supervises the selection of appropriate texts and instructional materials.*
• Ensures that all courses remain current in relation to the standards of industry, transfer institutions and State mandates.*
• Assists in the recruitment, recommendation and evaluation of academic staff.*
• Supervises and supports academic and classified staff. Supervisory duties include instructing, planning and assigning work, maintaining standards, coordinating activities, acting on employee problems, assisting with new employee selection, recommending employee discipline, transfers, promotions and discharge as appropriate. Reviews and evaluates the work of subordinates for effectiveness, accuracy and adherence to department policies; offers advice and assistance as needed.*
• Works with departmental personnel to maintain and improve standards of instruction; assigns teaching and office hours of academic staff; makes faculty assignments; approves field trips and conference requests for instructors; works with chairs and coordinators in all schedule development; provides orientation of new academic staff to their duties and obligations, and performs other administrative duties as required.*
• Prepares annual budget recommendations for the departments; prepares budget reports as required.*
• Maintains an inventory of instructional equipment.*
• Works cooperatively with other instructional administrators in using facilities and equipment; supervises the issuance of keys for facilities.*
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with other departments and members of the College community.*
• Attends federal, state and regional meetings as appropriate.
• Serves on a variety of District committees as requested.
• Performs related work as required.
WORK DIRECTION, LEAD AND SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides direct supervision of academic, professional and classified staff; provides technical direction to faculty members as assigned.
Normal office environment.
Faculty, staff, administrators, students and the general public.
Normal office environment.
• The successful applicant will be required to complete a medical history questionnaire and must agree to undergo and pass a pre-employment physical examination, based on the physical requirements of the position, prior to employment. The physician will be selected and paid for by the District. Disabilities not related to the essential physical job requirements will not preclude the applicant from being hired.
• Education Code § 87408.6 states that no person shall be initially employed by a community college district in an academic or classified position unless the person has submitted to an examination within the past sixty (60) days to determine that he or she is free of active tuberculosis.
• As a condition of employment the position you are applying for will require that you provide fingerprints to the local police department. The fee charged by the Department of Justice (DOJ) for the fingerprint report is the employee's responsibility. If you should be offered this position you will be asked to sign a payroll deduction form which will authorize the District to deduct the fee charged by the DOJ from your first paycheck.
The District reserves the right to modify, rescind or re-advertise this announcement without notification or to delay indefinitely the employment of a person for the position.
The Butte-Glenn Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.