University of Idaho
College of Art & ArchitectureEmployee Category:
Commensurate with experienceFTE:
1Full/Part Time: Position Summary:
The Virtual Technology and Design (VTD) program at University of Idaho seeks a dynamic innovator (Tenure Track, Assistant Professor) who can utilize advanced technologies in combination with the design thinking process. The position will involve creating an inspiring curriculum for undergraduate and graduate students and conducting timely and relevant research. The successful candidate will have access to the resources of the Institute for Modeling Collaboration and Innovation (IMCI). Find more information about VTD at https://www.uidaho.edu/caa/programs/virtual-technology-and-design . Applicants are expected to have a strong research portfolio with experience in collaboration in biomedicine, molecular biology, or related areas. A strong commitment to teaching and mentoring is required. Candidates should have a passion for interdisciplinary collaboration, virtual world building, data modeling, information systems, new user experiences, online communities and the future of augmented virtual design. Additionally, candidates will contribute to the program and college vision in at least three of the following areas:
1. Designing and developing interactive virtual worlds for use in entertainment and non-entertainment activities (Information design, visualization, concept design, experience design, online education, architecture, and industrial design).
2. Data modeling, analytical tools, procedural design and AI.
3. Integration of simulation, visualization tools and the metaverse
4. Addressing the complexities of envisioning and creating artifacts and virtual environments for spatial visualization (information design, visualization, computer science)
5. Design Fabrication: Translation of virtual forms into physical artifacts and vice-versa. (industrial design, sculpture, computer science, concept design, architecture, engineering)
6. Software/Hardware implementation: Continuously re-evaluating and researching current and future technologies to assure that our production pipelines and tool sets are relevant.
7. Curriculum Evolution and Design: Addressing ever evolving instructing techniques as well as generational changes to ensure appropriate learning outcomes. Creation of creative and innovative ways to deliver information to students.
Start-up funding will be provided by the Institute for Modeling Collaboration and Innovation (IMCI) Minimum Qualifications:
- Ph.D. or other terminal degree in a digital design-related discipline
- Experience conducting research and dissemination in peer reviewed publications and conference proceedings .
- Experience with technologies utilized in virtual collaborations, digital simulations, digital visualization, fabrication design and/or metaverse
- Experience teaching virtual technology and design.
- Experience conducting Biomedical research.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- A track record of acquiring extramural research funding.
- Postdoctoral experience or a minimum of three years combined experience in a professional design field or data analytics and computational modeling.
- Demonstrated experience with data analytics, Python or other programing languages,multiscale or geospatial visualization of data,or applications of AI/machine learning.
- Innovation in trans-disciplinary design in industry or academic setting.
- Experience in the use and application of production software and design tools including but not limited to Autodesk Suite of tools, ZBrush, Arnold, Adobe Suite of tools, Python, Unreal and Unity
N/A N/ARequired Licensures, Certifications or otherPosting Number:
10/27/2023Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
We request a 1 to 2 page cover letter addressing the required and preferred qualifications; full curriculum vitae; copies of academic transcripts/degrees; a research statement of current and future research with a digital portfolio; a statement of teaching philosophy with and a portfolio showing examples of student work or lesson plans (Upload to Other Document 1); and contact information for three references. The first consideration date for applications is 11/27/23. Background Check:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.eduEEO Statement
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at the University of Idaho. When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of Idaho, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Idaho and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Idaho are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Idaho