External Compliance Manager/ADA Coordinator for Equity and Compliance
At CSUN we aspire to continually grow as an inclusive, cooperative community!
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. As a leader you will have the opportunity to thrive in a community in which our leaders share common traits as identified in our Leadership Principles https://www.csun.edu/leadership-principles
. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Responsibilities
As a member of the Office of Equity and Compliance, the External Compliance Manager/ADA Coordinator for Equity and Compliance provides expert guidance and leadership to ensure compliance with EEO policies and procedures and acts as an ambassador of our values of justice, equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging. The incumbent serves as the ADA Coordinator proactively initiates and responds to equity compliance matters, and fosters a culture and climate that promotes and supports a sustainable vision for compliance with Title IX and SB 493 (sexual misconduct, dating/domestic violence, stalking, other gender-based discrimination), Title VI, Title VII, DHR, and ADA and other civil rights laws, which will enhance a safe and respectful campus educational and working environment.
- Serves as Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator. Acts as campus subject matter expert and provides guidance to assist DRES, NCOD, Human Resources, Faculty Affairs, and other offices and stakeholders to effectively comply with ADA/Section 504. Provides guidance and training in determining eligibility for services and engaging in the interactive accommodation process. Appropriately communicates information about disability accommodations and services. Supports Universal Design Center in providing guidance on accessible technology. Develops and maintains systems to track all ADA requests, complaints and outcomes, monitors for compliance with policies and procedures, and produces annual reports.
- Oversees preparation and submission of the federally mandated Affirmative Action Plan to the Office of the Chancellor, university officials, and external agencies. Collaborates with managers to implement action items in recruitment and retention efforts outlined in the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Assists the Assistant VP in monitoring procedures and ensures compliance with equal employment opportunity laws and regulations for recruitment and selection. Monitors the selection of faculty and administrators covered by the provisions of Section 600 and 700, Academic Personnel Policies and Procedures. Provides training on equitable hiring practices.
- Tracks and analyzes reported incidents, informal and formal complaints, and investigations to identify and address any systemic patterns/problems. Conducts department audits and makes recommendations as appropriate with campus climate assessments.
- Provides annual and periodic reports as appropriate, including but not limited to the annual Veterans Report and Metro annual survey. Prepares responses to requests for production of records/documents for state auditors, PRA requests, litigation, etc. Supports the Office of Equity and Compliance in responding to investigations conducted by external investigatory entities. Prepares responses for employer sexual misconduct verification forms and NCAA regulatory forms. Oversees compliance with reporting obligations in these areas. Serves on various campus committees, boards, and councils to advance equity and inclusion efforts.
- As a leader, demonstrates a commitment to student success that is mission aligned with the university's vision, values and priorities. Establishes an ethical and collegial work environment, promoting a collaborative, accountable and inclusive team. Encourages a courageous and resilient solution-oriented environment by participating in new opportunities to further the mission of the university. Participates in developing initiatives that further support the campus mission with a service-oriented and catalytic mind set. Strengthens employees by being communicative and a talent builder that develops team attributes, furthering departmental goals.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description copy and paste this link into your browser: https://mycsun.box.com/s/yvvkcg72ujkch2898klfmtw1us9sexwx Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Three years of professional experience in civil or human rights related field, with two years in compliance or comparable work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Leadership
- Experience in and knowledge of Title IX regulations and SB 493 and related federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to Title IX and SB 493, gender discrimination, sexual violence, sexual harassment, and retaliation.
- Experience in and knowledge of Title VI and Title VII Regulations and related federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to Title VI and Title VII, and discrimination, harassment, and retaliation based upon a protected class.
- Juris Doctorate, or work experience in the legal field.
- Job-related experience demonstrating commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
- Experience in providing guidance on EEO best practices in hiring faculty and academic administrative positions.
- Experience in a collective bargaining environment in a university setting.
- Knowledge of case law, University policies, trends, and issues affecting higher education. Knowledge of CSU/California EEO policies, procedures, and regulations is desirable. Demonstrated excellent written and oral communication skills at management level.
- Ability to maintain appropriate confidentiality. Ability to advise and consult on sensitive matters related to discrimination, harassment and retaliation. Ability to design and manage effective administrative processes.
- Lead diverse teams to support the operational mission and vision of employers by fostering an ethical, inclusive and collegial work environment.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Demonstrated ability to support ongoing improvement through courageous, resilient, and catalytic leadership.
- Lead varying initiatives through a collaborative, service-oriented and communicative approach.
- Demonstrated commitment to employee development, recognition, and accountability to further operational goals.
- Salary is commensurate with knowledge, skills, and experience. The University offers excellent fringe benefits.
- The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $100,000 - $110,000 per year, dependent upon qualifications and experience.
- The position is currently hybrid with 2 to 3 telecommuting days a week; however, this is subject to change based on student and/or operational needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
- A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
- The person holding this position may be considered a 'limited reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
- In accordance with the California State University (CSU) Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is a state entity whose business operations reside within the State of California and prohibits hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside of California.
- Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
- Applications received through February 12, 2024, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
- The CSU recommends that faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities at any university location be immunized against SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, and that all individuals who access any in-person program or activity (on- or off-campus) operated or controlled by the University follow COVID-19 vaccine recommendations adopted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) applicable to their age, medical condition, and other relevant indications and comply with other safety measures established by each campus.
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, covered military and veteran status, and disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101. To apply, visit https://careers.pageuppeople.com/873/nr/en-us/job/535045/external-compliance-managerada-coordinator-for-equity-and-complianceCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at California State University, Northridge. When inquiring or applying for positions at California State University, Northridge, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, Northridge and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at California State University, Northridge are posted, please sign up at new job openings at California State University, Northridge.