Program Services AssistantPrimary Purpose:
Under the general direction of the Sr. Program Manager and Program Director, this position performs a wide variety of administrative support activities to fulfill the objectives of the Physician Assistant Program. The position functions under minimal general supervision, independently performing challenging work in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
The essential functions listed below are intended to identify those generally assigned, the position may perform many but not all. In addition, other responsibilities may be assigned that are unit-specific and based on business needs.Essential Functions:
Provides administrative support to the Program in a variety of functions/areas that may include, but are not limited to:
- Serves as a key contact for the department. Answers telephones, responds to questions and provides information, routes callers, and receives and directs visitors.
- Performs administrative duties using working knowledge of the unit’s policies, procedures, and practices.
- Prepare correspondence, agendas, minutes, reports, and other related material; manage distribution and filing of documents; prepare and update presentations and documents as assigned.
- Assists with the maintenance of various staff, department, and office facility calendars to ensure that department personnel are updated with current university information.
- Regularly schedules and arranges meetings with internal and external visitors, including but not limited to reserving facilities, setting up and tearing down before/after meetings/events, requesting IT support, and ordering supplies, materials, and catering.
- Orders department office supplies, oversees submitting service requests for equipment and office maintenance, and duplicating services.
- Assists with preliminary admissions application screenings in accordance with program admissions policies and procedures, as directed.
- Supports the program with alumni relations and Alumni Senate operations.
- Provides technical support to others within the office on University supported software applications and may support the update and maintenance of the website.
- Assists with unit events/activities and participates as needed (may include evenings and weekends).
- Schedules and/or arranges travel, lodging for unit personnel or visitors. Ensures reimbursements are made when appropriate.
- Sorts, delivers and manages unit mail both incoming and outgoing.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum (1) one year of experience providing administrative support.
- Two (2) years of experience using Microsoft Office suite of products including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, required.
- (1) one year of experience providing administrative support in an academic setting.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are crucial, as this position interacts regularly with both the campus community and the public.
- Solid English composition skills are necessary, as well as the ability to create, compose and edit letters and other materials.
- Must have the capacity to exercise diplomacy and deal effectively with people in a variety of circumstances in a calm, precise way.
- Must be able to multi-task, organize resources and establish priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Must assume responsibility and work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Ability to coordinate a variety of activities, correctly interpret directions and work well under tight deadlines is crucial.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office suite. Ability to adapt to emerging technology.
- Previous experience in an academic setting desirable.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking (or “walking across campus,” if applicable)
, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work typically performed during standard business hours. May require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional travel may be required.Hiring Range:
$21.00 - $23.96 per hour. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26935
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.