The Family Development Center is seeking a Business Manager (Business Administrative Associate) who will be responsible for the following:
• Manage business and fiscal processes for the Family Development Center (FDC), including federal and state grants as well as unrestricted accounts.
• Work with the unit head in establishing financial and operational priorities and support project management operations, including resource planning and allocation, budget development, organizational development and planning for multiple accounts.
• Work closely with central offices and other business entities in meeting the strategic goals of the FDC and GSU. Act as the resource and liaison among the academic and administrative unit and central offices.
• Provide proper interpretation of University, federal, state, and sponsoring agency policies and procedures. Prepare and review monthly reports for submission to sponsors and internal review, including EHS non-federal share reports.
• Collaborate with the administrative team and other appropriate personnel at the FDC in planning and reviewing fiscal issues.
• Serve on University and FDC committees as relevant.
• Work closely with the finance, sponsored programs and research departments to ensure efficient and effective process implementations and execution.
Additional Duties/Responsibilities, as assigned: 1. Comply with regulatory health requirements, including: a pre-employment physical lift test and proof of MMR and DTAP immunization and initial TB test. 2. Attend all meetings and training as required. 3. Adhere to all plans, policies and procedures of Governors State University, Family Development Center, and Early Head Start. 4. Place, receive, and track requisitions/orders. 5. Assist FDC personnel in meeting state licensing needs. Starting Salary Range: $37,420.50 – $60,000 (This is a non-negotiated position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on education and experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Governors State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com