University of Puget SoundClinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor of Physical TherapyJob ID:
Physical TherapyFull/Part Time:
RegularFaculty Posting Details Appointment:
The University of Puget Sound School of Physical Therapy seeks applications for a Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor of Physical Therapy to begin Fall 2024. The successful candidate will have expertise in content required in human anatomy and foundational courses. The standard teaching load is 6 units per academic year. Responsibilities:
Primary teaching responsibilities will include Human Anatomy and Biomechanics, Ambulatory Function, and Measurement Fundamentals of Physical Therapy. The remaining teaching load will be completed with some combination of the following: mentoring of student research, mentoring/instructing students in our on-site physical therapy clinic and teaching an advanced clinical elective in an area of special interest. The candidate will supervise human anatomy course assistants, donor dissection and preparation, and will maintain the human anatomy lab. Candidates are expected to engage in departmental advising and admissions, as well as university service.Qualifications:
- Earned professional DPT degree from a CAPTE-accredited program
- Licensed Physical Therapist (WA state eligible)
- Minimum of 5 years of full-time clinical practice
- Academic teaching experience of DPT student
- Academic doctoral degree (e.g. PhD, EdD, DSc) or Board-Certified Clinical Specialist by American Board of Physical Therapy Specialists
- Experience as a clinical instructor of DPT students
- Record of research productivity with evidence of publication
- Experience maintaining a human anatomy lab
- Experience supervising lab or course assistants
Applications will be reviewed February 15, 2024, and will continue until the position is filled.Required Documents:
Applications must include the documents listed below to be considered:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vitae
- Research statement
- Diversity statement (see prompt below)
- Three letters of recommendation. You will be asked to specify email addresses of reference providers at the time of application and the system will email these providers on the next business day.
Note: In the online application system, please submit a curriculum vitae when prompted to submit a resume. Additional documents can be attached within the application.Applicant's Diversity Statement:
As a department and university, we are strongly committed to creating an inclusive and effective teaching, learning, and working environment for all. In the applicant's diversity statement, applicants should comment on their ability to contribute meaningfully to our on-going commitment to be informed and competent with regard to issues of diversity, equity, and individual differences. We encourage applicants to reference the University of Puget Sound's current Diversity Strategic Plan (DSP) at https://pugetsound.edu/about-puget-sound-0/mission-core-values/institutional-equity-diversity
prior to writing this statement. While not an exhaustive list, the following are some ways applicants can express their qualification:
Compensation and Benefits
- Your lived experiences and/or identities that speak to the department and university's commitment to inclusion and diversity;
- Demonstration of your awareness of inequities for underrepresented student populations in education, research experience, and other opportunities;
- Brief insights on why diversity is important at institutions like the University of Puget Sound;
- Infusion of diversity and diversity-related issues into your research, pedagogy, and/or service;
- Previous and/or current activities involving mentoring underrepresented student populations;
- Creative ideas or strategies you could enact as a member of the University of Puget Sound campus community to support the university's DSP;
- Brief insights on how cultural competency increases one's effectiveness as an educator and department/university colleague.
Rank: Clinical Assistant or Clinical Associate Professor (rank commensurate with experience)
Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
Faculty salaries at the University of Puget Sound are based on a common salary scale based on experience. Assistant Professor salaries begin at $70,992 annualized for an Assistant Professor without a terminal degree through $80,003 annualized. This position is currently offering an overscale payment of $10,000 annually at the level of assistant professor. Associate Professor salaries begin at $87,969 for an Associate Professor in their first year of full-time postdoctoral teaching through $98,182 annualized based on experience.
Puget Sound offers a generous benefits package for eligible faculty members, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance and long-term disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plan options and 403(b) contributions
- Education benefits, such as full tuition for eligible employees and their families
- Access to university facilities and entertainment (fitness center, pool, library, concerts, lectures) and more!
For more information on Puget Sound's faculty benefits package, visit: https://www.pugetsound.edu/sites/default/files/2023-02/2023%20Benefits%20for%20Faculty%20Members.docx.pdf
For the Campus Holiday and Bonus Day Schedule, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/human-resourcesAbout the Program:
The School of Physical Therapy at the University of Puget Sound established in 1975 and subsequently received accreditation by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), with continuing accreditation confirmed most recently in 2019. The program has eight full-time faculty members, high-quality adjunct faculty, and a robust network of clinical instructors that mentor students in the on-site clinic, Puget Sound's pro bono physical therapy (PT) service to the community. This part-time clinical experience is integrated into students' second and third years, and is in addition to the program's two, full-time clinical experiences. The program seats a class of 36 students each fall and prides itself on graduates who are highly clinically competent. For this reason, PT faculty who teach clinical content areas are expected to remain clinically current and practice physical therapy in an ongoing manner. More information about the program is located on the website at https://www.pugetsound.edu/academics/school-physical-therapyAbout Puget Sound:
The University of Puget Sound is located in Tacoma, Washington, a vibrant, diverse mid-sized urban port city. Within, and near, Tacoma there is ready access to urban, rural, and natural areas as well as opportunities to participate in a wide variety of cultural activities. Puget Sound is a member of the Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC), Greater Washington State https://www.hercjobs.org/greater_washington_state/
Puget Sound has a well-established Shared Faculty Appointments Policy. More information on faculty resources can be found here: https://pugetsound.edu/resources-faculty University Diversity Statement
- We acknowledge the richness of commonalities and differences we share as a university community; the intrinsic worth of all who work and study here; that education is enhanced by investigation of and reflection upon multiple perspectives.
- We aspire to create respect for and appreciation of all persons as a key characteristic of our campus community; to increase the diversity of all parts of our University community through commitment to diversity in our recruitment and retention efforts; to foster a spirit of openness to active engagement among all members of our campus community.
- We act to achieve an environment that welcomes and supports diversity; to ensure full educational opportunity for all who teach and learn here; to prepare effectively citizen-leaders for a pluralistic world.
All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of all required background checks.
The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer. How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: www.pugetsound.edu/employmentAbout Puget Sound
Puget Sound is a selective national liberal arts college in Tacoma, Washington, drawing 2,600 students from 48 states and 20 countries. Puget Sound graduates include Rhodes and Fulbright scholars, notables in the arts and culture, entrepreneurs and elected officials, and leaders in business and finance locally and throughout the world. A low student-faculty ratio provides Puget Sound students with personal attention from faculty who have a strong commitment to teaching and offer 1,200 courses each year in more than 40 traditional and interdisciplinary fields, including graduate programs in occupational and physical therapy and in education. Puget Sound is the only nationally ranked independent undergraduate liberal arts college in Western Washington, and one of just five independent colleges in the Pacific Northwest granted a charter by Phi Beta Kappa, the nation’s most prestigious academic honorary society. Visit "About Puget Sound" (http://www.pugetsound.edu/about
) to learn more about the college.
As a strategic goal and through our core values, University of Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. EOE/AA
jeid-f58509c544d60d488487dcfb37e1c0b8Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at the University of Puget Sound.
When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of Puget Sound, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at the University of Puget Sound and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Puget Sound are posted, please sign up at new job openings at the University of Puget Sound.