University of Idaho
College of Agricultural & Life SciencesEmployee Category:
$19.20 per hour or higher depending on experienceFTE:
Full TimePosition Summary:
The Agricultural Foreperson performs general farm support duties including operating farm equipment; assisting with all agronomic practices associated with dry land farming, livestock operations, maintenance and harvest. The employee works under the Agricultural Mechanic. Minimum Qualifications:
- Two years operating and supervising in agricultural or mechanical areas.
- Experience working with livestock.
- Experience with dry land farming and farm management techniques, including equipment operation and maintenance.
- Experience operating, troubleshooting, and effecting minor repairs of farm equipment, tools, and machinery.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Two years’ college training in agricultural production or diesel mechanics.
- Knowledge of requirements of livestock research.
- Knowledge of proper chemical application and safety procedures.
- Ability to maintain computerized records and keep detailed records.
- Ability to work with diverse individuals with varying backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to follow instructions and communicate clearly.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty and co-workers.
- Ability to follow and teach good safety practices.
- Ability to explain procedures and train others.
- Experience performing stick, MIG, TIG and Oxy-Acetylene welding and brazing.
- Experience operating tractors, standard transmission vehicle, hay and tillage equipment.
- Experience with maintenance of building and fencing systems.
- Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move items weighing up to 75 lbs.
Ability to lift, carry, or otherwise move items weighing up to 75 lbs.Required Licensures, Certifications or otherPosting Number:
11/29/2023Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
Applications received by January 2, 2024 will receive first consideration.
IMPORTANT: To be considered, your “Letter of Qualification”
must address EACH of the required qualifications, including pertinent education and/or experience. In addition, to improve your ranking during the evaluation process, address as many of the Preferred Qualifications as possible. Information on a resume will not be accepted as a substitute for submitting a Letter of Qualification.Background Check:
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.eduEEO Statement
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at the University of Idaho. When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of Idaho, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Idaho and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Idaho are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Idaho