|Job #: H115
||Posted Date: June 8, 2020
||Closes On: Open Until Filled
||Job Title: Lab Tech II - Regulatory Biology Laboratory, Dr. Satchidananda Panda
||Status: Regular Full Time
||Benefits Eligible: Yes
||Laboratory/Department: Regulatory Biology Laboratory
||Research in the lab is geared towards identifying molecular components and events critical for transmitting light information from the eye to the master oscillator in the brain.
The Lab Tech II position is responsible for performing various molecular biology, cell and biochemistry techniques; mouse handling and colony maintenance in support of the Principal Investigator (PI) and lab research goals. Other duties include assisting with general laboratory maintenance, including equipment maintenance, and ordering of supplies, etc.
- Undergraduate coursework in biological sciences or related fields, or equivalent combination of education or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in biological sciences or MS in biological sciences or related field, Independent Research in circadian rhythm in vertebrate model organisms is highly preferred.
- 0-2 years of experience as a lab technician or equivalent related experience.
- Demonstrated experience and application of molecular biology knowledge preferably in rodent husbandry and tests, DNA/RNA analyses from diverse tissue types.
- Demonstrated experience with general lab maintenance, including cleaning, stocking supply inventory, and ensuring the maintenance of a sterile environment.
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Must be willing to work an adjusted schedule to support research needs.
- Successful completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Must be willing to sign confidentiality agreement.
This position requires constant adjusting focus, seeing, sitting, touching/feeling, and working inside.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com