|Job #: H102
||Posted Date: June 5, 2020
||Closes On: June 19, 2020
||Job Title: Research Assistant II - Gene Expression Laboratory, Dr. Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte
||Status: Regular Full Time
||Benefits Eligible: Yes
||Laboratory/Department: Gene Expression Laboratory
||Laboratory research focuses on how genes and molecules orchestrate the development of an embryo. The labs studies how one cell gives rise to millions, how cells come to be organized into complete structures, how stems cells differentiate and give rise to over 200 cell types, and how certain animals are able to regenerate their tissues and organs.
Research Assistant II position will focus on microinjection and manipulation of mouse embryos as well as animal handling and surgery. A successful candidate will work supporting postdoctoral researchers in the lab with their mouse microinjection needs. The position will be responsible for conducting mouse embryo microinjection experiments. Position will be trained in specific techniques and methods in order to execute experiments that are broadly designed by post doc or PI and must be able to carry out and analyze experimental results independently.
Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field.
- 2-4 years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of mouse embryo manipulation and microinjection as well as animal handling and surgery.
- Proficient in the operation of standard lab equipment and computer hardware/software.
Fundamental skills in molecular biology and cell culture.
- Must be willing to work in an animal-related research environment.
- Must be willing to work with human cells and complete all appropriate associated training.
- Must be willing to work independently and must have a flexible schedule to support research needs.
- Successful completion of the Institute’s background investigation.
- Must be willing to sign confidentiality agreement.
This position requires constant adjusting focus, seeing, sitting, and working inside.
When inquiring or applying for this position, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities within the Dallas County Community College District and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com