Postdoctoral FellowJob ID:
Augusta UniversityFull/Part Time:
Full TimeRegular/Temporary: * About Us
Augusta University is Georgia's innovation center for education and health care, training the next generation of innovators, leaders, and healthcare providers in classrooms and clinics on four campuses in Augusta and locations across the state. More than 9,000 students choose Augusta for educational opportunities at the center of Georgia's cybersecurity hub and experiential learning that blends arts and application, humanities, and the health sciences. Augusta is home to Georgia's only public academic health center, where groundbreaking research is creating a healthier, more prosperous Georgia, and world-class clinicians are bringing the medicine of tomorrow to patient care today. Location
Augusta University - Our Health Sciences Campus: 1120 15th Street, Augusta, GA 30912 Job Summary
The selected candidate will be responsible for conducting research at the Georgia Cancer Center, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University. The main area of research interest is transcriptional and epigenetic control of cancer metabolism, using cell and animal models. The duties Include but are not limited to: Participate in project planning and development, conduct experiments and analyze results; work with small animals, routine dally laboratory work such as maintaining cell and mouse lines. Responsibilities
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in project planning and development of research protocols while ensuring adherence to accepted scientific research principles and compliance with relevant federal guidelines.
- Analyze results of experiments and procedures using manual or computer techniques and, if necessary, develop special computer programs to facilitate analysis. Teach and participate in complex bacteriological, chemical and/or radio-chemical qualitative and quantitative analysis, macro- and micro-serological, histologic and cell culture procedures.
- Coordinate and participate in research of scientific literature; summarize and evaluate findings; develop derivative applications of applications of techniques developed by own research activities or reported by other research projects. Presents findings at scientific meetings locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Compose articles for publication in scientific journals; Review articles prepared by others.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of students, graduate assistants and other research personnel engaged in research activities and/or related laboratory work, Advise principal investigators, other PostDocs, students, and other research personnel on research techniques, procedures, and other technological aspects of research activities.
- Calibrate, troubleshoot, repair and operate microscopes, computer-linked analytical equipment, dedicated computers and other complex scientific equipment; instruct others in operation of equipment.
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
Ph.D. or equivalent degree from an accredited college or university. Preferred Qualifications
Prior experience in molecular and cell biology and animal studies using the following techniques: gene cloning, expression and knockdown, quantitative RT-PCR, western blotting, immunoprecipitation, mammalian tissue culture, lentiviral production and infection, cell proliferation and death assays, flow cytometry, maintaining mouse lines and genotyping. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Willingness and ability to work with research animals. Ability to work independently with only general supervision. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Detail-oriented with strong organizational and prioritization skills. Ability to maintain confidentiality, complete work, and meet deadlines. Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases or willingness to learn. Shift/Salary/Benefits
Shift: Days; Monday - Friday (work outside of the normal business hours will likely be required of an employee in an exempt level position)
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of the selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position
Recruitment Period: 7/7/23 - Until Filled
Augusta University offers a variety of benefits to full-time benefits-eligible employees and some of our half-time (or more) employees.
Benefits that may be elected could include health insurance, dental insurance, life insurance, Teachers Retirement System (or Optional Retirement Plan), as well as earned vacation time, sick leave, and 13 paid holidays.
Also, our full-time employees who have been employed with us successfully for more than 6 months can be considered for the Tuition Assistance Program. Consider applying with us today! Conditions of Employment
All selected candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University. All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during their employment and beyond. Other Information
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer-friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner every day with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco-free environment, and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited. Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans. How To Apply
Consider applying with us today! https://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/
Search Job Opening ID: 260270Select University Faculty & Staff > External Applicants if you are a candidate from outside the universitySelect University Faculty & Staff > Internal Applicants if you are a current university employee If you need further assistance, please contact us at 706-721-9365 To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=12000&JobOpeningId=260270&PostingSeq=1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Augusta University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Augusta University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Augusta University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Augusta University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Augusta University.