JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide strategic leadership of the University's integrated marketing technology applications. Works closely with the Chief Marketing Officer and members of senior staff to support a cohesive portfolio of digital tools that supports the mission and values of Parker University through all potential digital channels.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED FROM: Director, Digital Marketing
SUPERVISION GIVEN: N/A
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The position responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- High speed and high-quality proofreading/copy editing
- Creation of campaign messaging that is then distilled into different forms (i.e. know the brand and tagline, write a blog, turn that blog into social media posts and smaller advertising initiatives)
- Fantastic grammar usage based on marketing channel needs, such as knowing the required differences between Tweets, magazine ads, ASA formatted documents, and website product pages.
- Conduct product and competitive research found in multiple industries, both to understand the demands of the audience and to improve our quality of content
- A strong understanding of how writing and conceptual ideas can be used to tell a story on behalf of a brand and within a product
- Good presentation skills and the capability to demonstrate a clear vision of how the work addresses the challenge
- Capable of producing SEO keyword-rich content without lessening quality in the eyes of the targeted readers
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a larger team in a fast-paced environment
- A desire to take on new challenges, grow and learn every day
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends with some travel required.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned by the Director, Digital Marketing, and Chief Marketing Officer.
Preferred and Required Qualifications
- An applicable four (4) year degree, such as English, Marketing, Advertising, or with a writing and communications emphasis.
- Minimum two (2) or more years of professional writing/posting/publishing experience.
- A portfolio or examples of successful material highly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of producing written content that is consumer-facing and is successful in producing brand reach, concise understanding of message, and positive reaction in the form of user conversion goals.
- Experience in multiple forms of copywriting necessary, such as blogs, emails, press releases, website content, social media, and scriptwriting.
- Capable of following multiple brand guidelines, converting new information into compelling storytelling for applicable brand messaging.
- Must be organized and able to communicate and maintain deadlines.
- Able and willing to travel to different events (up to 10%).
- Visual acuity to use a keyboard and view a computer terminal. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp.
- May require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand and walk.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or move light to medium weight up to twelve (12) pounds and/or exert up to twelve (12) pounds of force.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Apply Here: https://www.Parker.edu/job-postings/
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Parker University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com