University of Idaho
Extension Faculty - Ada County - 4-H Youth DevelopmentLocation:
Off Campus Location - Ada County Extension, Boise, IDDivision/College:
College of Agricultural & Life SciencesEmployee Category:
Commensurate with ExperienceFTE:
1Full/Part Time: Position Summary:
The University of Idaho Extension is seeking an Assistant or Associate Professor, Extension Educator, in the Southern District, Ada County. The Extension Educator provides overall leadership and organization for the Ada county 4-H Youth Development program and support for multi-county 4-H Youth Development programs in a specific area of expertise. The Educator will provide assistance in university outreach where appropriate. The Educator will oversee the county 4-H Youth Development program, including volunteer recruitment and development, and educational programming for youth and volunteers. There is currently a full-time 4-H Youth Development Program Coordinator and five additional Extension educators in the Ada County Extension office that support county youth programming. The Educator will supervise the 4-H Youth Development Program Coordinator. In collaboration with appropriate university faculty, other governmental and non-profit agencies, and clientele groups, the Extension Educator will contribute to 4-H Youth Development program planning and implementation in a multi-county area. They will conduct program evaluation and report program impacts. Rank and tenure are negotiable based on how the candidate meets the criteria for these in our unit and college bylaws. The Extension Educator will provide support for Outreach and Extension (90%), Scholarship & Creative Activity (5%), and University Service and Leadership (5%).Minimum Qualifications:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution by date of hire.
- Experience providing organizational structure and support for a variety of individuals and groups.
- Experience adapting research materials for effective oral and written presentations.
- Experience collaborating in teams focused on achieving positive educational outcomes.
- Experience using up-to-date computer technology to market and conduct programs and communicate with stakeholders.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution in Youth Development, Adult and Extension Education, or a closely related discipline.
- Experience in Extension Education and 4-H Youth Development (relevant experience acquired within the last 5 years preferred.)
- Experience recruiting, teaching, organizing, and managing volunteer groups.
- Experience in needs assessment and program evaluation.
- Experience in disseminating research results through scholarly outlets such as refereed /peer reviewed publications and/or presentations to peer audiences.
- Experience in hiring and supervising office staff.
- Experience working directly with youth and/or adult audiences, including diverse and underserved individuals and groups.
- Experience with conflict management and problem solving.
- Experience with fundraising, grantsmanship, and cost recovery efforts.
- Knowledge of Ada County and the surrounding area.
- Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.
Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.Must possess a valid driver’s license.Ability to lift, carry and/or otherwise move 50 lbs.Required Licensures, Certifications or otherPosting Number:
10/12/2023Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
Applications received by November 5th, 2023,
will receive first consideration.
Along with your on-line application, you must
write a letter of qualification
addressing how you meet the required and preferred qualifications listed.
In addition, your application materials must include a CV, names & contact information for at least three (3) professional references, and unofficial transcripts.
For questions, please contact:Patrick A. Momont
UI-Extension Southern District
Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.eduEEO Statement
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://uidaho.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at the University of Idaho. When inquiring or applying for positions at the University of Idaho, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Idaho and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Idaho are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Idaho