Development Assistant, Leadership and Strategic InitiativesUniversity Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Development Assistant, Leadership and Strategic InitiativesJob Profile Title
Administrative Assistant BJob Description Summary
PMDAR's Leadership and Strategic Initiatives unit provides the CAO with high level development services which inform the Dean, CEO, Development Leadership Cabinet and Penn Medicine Board. Reports and systems managed by the L&SI team inform PMDAR strategic planning, principal gift strategy, forecasting, budgeting, and staffing decisions, and the unit is responsible for reporting and communications to leadership on these topics. PMDAR has 130+ staff members and works to achieve an annual goal of $200M+.
This position provides administrative, data, and financial support to the Leadership & Strategic Initiatives team. Under limited supervision, will need to exercise judgment, initiative, discretion, and analysis in carrying out administrative duties. Will handle complex and confidential materials. Must have the ability to meet deadlines in a goal-oriented environment.Job Description
1. Supports Executive Director, Associate Director, and two Assistant Directors on activities related to prospect management, prospect pipeline, strategic planning/analysis, activity tracking, and performance reporting. Provides occasional support for Chief Executive Director, Leadership & Strategic Initiatives.
2. Provides administrative support, including: hard copy and digital file management, calendar management, meeting set-up and support (including a-v for remote/hybrid meetings), internal correspondence and materials distribution.
3. Provides support for data-related activities by assisting with a variety of performance reporting processes such as prospect pipeline, prospect management, and volunteer roster maintenance. Supports these team activities by ensuring data integrity, providing accurate lists and reports, and following University-wide and PMDAR-specific procedures.
4. Performs basic financial tasks for team, such as requesting purchase orders, making travel arrangements, submitting reimbursement requests through Concur, ordering supplies and materials, and managing inventory.
5. Coordinates projects and administrative tasks and works as a team with other administrative support staff on activities for the Leadership & Strategic Initiatives team. Works with peers and all levels of management to operate effectively in large, busy department. Serves as back-up for Leadership & Strategic Initiatives Administrative Coordinator.
6. Coordinates and provides support for internal meetings and training sessions, primarily with development colleagues and faculty.
7. Prepares correspondence: drafts, formats, and proofreads briefings, presentations, and other documents using Microsoft Office.
8. Staffs and assists with Leadership & Strategic Initiatives events, as well as other Penn Medicine Development events as needed.
9. Responds to requests to pick up and deliver correspondence and gifts from the main Penn Medicine campus.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.**Please provide a resume and cover letter in order to be considered for this role. Please upload all documents in the “Resume/CV” section of the application prior to submitting.**
1. High school diploma and 3-5years of progressively responsible administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required, with at least one year of experience in Development highly desirable. Experience within a health care or higher education environment valued.
2. Demonstrated technical ability in data entry and reporting, with strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy. Experience and proficiency with Excel required. Willingness to learn new technology is valued.
3. Demonstrated experience in working with peers and all levels of management across development, alumni affairs, and public relations, and to operate effectively in large, productive department.
4. Communications skills and professionalism commensurate with working on a daily basis with senior institutional leaders, trustees and volunteers, administrators, faculty, grateful patients, alumni, and other donors.
5. Ability to handle complex and highly confidential materials.
6. Ability to successfully organize and prioritize assignments and meet deadlines.
7. Proficiency with MS Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Teams) and Adobe Acrobat required.
8. Ability to occasionally staff events outside of traditional working hours as needed.
9. Occasionally lifting 25 pounds or less.Job Location - City, State
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
Development and Alumni RelationsPay Range
$17.98 - $19.71 Hourly Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/3535-Market/Development-Assistant--Leadership-and-Strategic-Initiatives_JR00077672-1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency