Veterinary Technician, Operating Room & ImagingUniversity Overview
The University of Pennsylvania, the largest private employer in Philadelphia, is a world-renowned leader in education, research, and innovation. This historic, Ivy League school consistently ranks among the top 10 universities in the annual U.S. News & World Report survey. Penn has 12 highly-regarded schools that provide opportunities for undergraduate, graduate and continuing education, all influenced by Penn's distinctive interdisciplinary approach to scholarship and learning. As an employer Penn has been ranked nationally on many occasions with the most recent award from Forbes who named Penn one of America's Best Large Employers in 2023.
Penn offers a unique working environment within the city of Philadelphia. The University is situated on a beautiful urban campus, with easy access to a range of educational, cultural, and recreational activities. With its historical significance and landmarks, lively cultural offerings, and wide variety of atmospheres, Philadelphia is the perfect place to call home for work and play.
The University offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent healthcare and tuition benefits for employees and their families, generous retirement benefits, a wide variety of professional development opportunities, supportive work and family benefits, a wealth of health and wellness programs and resources, and much more.Posted Job Title
Veterinary Technician, Operating Room & ImagingJob Profile Title
Veterinary Technician, Imaging CJob Description Summary
Currently seeking a reliable, enthusiastic, and dedicated technician to join our surgery and imaging team. The Veterinary OR Technician will support and work cohesively with surgical teams consisting of faculty surgeons, residents, interns, and 4th year veterinary students. Surgical procedures may include elective, emergency, reconstructive, transplantation, reimplantation, cosmetic or minimally invasive procedures such as laparoscopy and laser surgery. The imaging portion of the position will work 2 days a week with radiology and ultrasound.Job Description
We are seeking a skilled and dedicated nurse to join our team as an Operating Room and Imaging Nurse. Reporting to the OR and Imaging Supervisors, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth and efficient operations of both departments.
Operating Room Job Duties:
- Demonstrate expertise in sterile and aseptic techniques, ensuring the highest standards of patient safety during surgical procedures.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of surgical instrumentation and equipment, including proper care, usage, storage, and sterilization techniques.
- Utilize your understanding of surgical procedures, anatomy, disease processes, and medical terminology to support the surgical team.
- Act as a circulating nurse and/or scrub nurse during surgeries, providing valuable assistance to the surgical team.
- Take responsibility for setting up and breaking down surgical cases, maintaining an organized and efficient workflow.
- Perform radiographs using the mobile x-ray unit when necessary, ensuring accurate imaging results.
- Assess and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions promptly, ensuring minimal disruptions during surgeries and imaging procedures.
- Contribute to the cleanliness and hygiene of the surgery department, strictly adhering to infection control principles.
- Take an active role in instructing and guiding students, interns, and residents in various aspects of surgery, fostering a positive learning environment.
Radiology Job Duties:
- Provide assistance with Ultrasound procedures, supporting the imaging team in delivering high-quality diagnostics.
- Perform radiographs, demonstrating proficiency in positioning and capturing images for accurate diagnoses.
- Schedule imaging procedures efficiently, ensuring optimal utilization of resources.
- Handle portable radiographs, addressing the imaging needs of patients throughout the facility.
- Take an active role in teaching and training veterinary students and nursing students, sharing your expertise and knowledge.
As the Operating Room and Imaging Nurse, you will be a vital member of our healthcare team, contributing to the successful outcomes of surgeries and imaging procedures. Your dedication to patient care, attention to detail, and willingness to share knowledge will be highly valued in our organization.
If you are a motivated and skilled nurse with a passion for surgical and imaging excellence, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity and be part of our mission to provide exceptional veterinary care. Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of our animal patients and their owners. Apply now to embark on a rewarding career journey with Penn Vet!Qualifications
:Veterinary Technician, Imaging and OR, level B
: 1-2 years of experience in Radiology and Surgery and is certified.Veterinary Technician, Imaging and OR, level C
: 3-4 years of experience in Radiology and Surgery and is certified.
Associate degree and 1 to 2 year's experience or equivalent combination of experience and education is required.
Ability to work well in a fast paced, busy environment both independently and with a team; ability to multi-task and complete assigned tasks; strong time management and communication skills; interested and open to learning new skills; prior surgery experience is preferred but not required.Hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30a.m. to 4:30p.m. with on call, compensated responsibility
Job Location - City, State
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds (work requires lifting, carrying, and restraining animals-with assistance from other staff for animals weighing over 50 pounds)
- Able to stand, be on your feet for long periods of time
Philadelphia, PennsylvaniaDepartment / School
School of Veterinary MedicinePay Range
$17.98 - $31.65 Hourly Rate
Salary offers are made based on the candidate's qualifications, experience, skills, and education as they directly relate to the requirements of the position, as well as internal and market factors and grade profile. Affirmative Action Statement
Penn adheres to a policy that prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.Special Requirements
Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.University Benefits
- Health, Life, and Flexible Spending Accounts: Penn offers comprehensive medical, prescription, behavioral health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits to protect you and your family's health and welfare. You can also use flexible spending accounts to pay for eligible health care and dependent care expenses with pre-tax dollars.
- Tuition: Take advantage of Penn's exceptional tuition benefits. You, your spouse, and your dependent children can get tuition assistance here at Penn. Your dependent children are also eligible for tuition assistance at other institutions.
- Retirement: Penn offers generous retirement plans to help you save for your future. Penn's Basic, Matching, and Supplemental retirement plans allow you to save for retirement on a pre-tax or Roth basis. Choose from a wide variety of investment options through TIAA and Vanguard.
- Time Away from Work: Penn provides you with a substantial amount of time away from work during the course of the year. This allows you to relax, take vacations, attend to personal affairs, recover from illness or injury, spend time with family—whatever your personal needs may be.
- Long-Term Care Insurance: In partnership with Genworth Financial, Penn offers faculty and staff (and your eligible family members) long-term care insurance to help you cover some of the costs of long-term care services received at home, in the community or in a nursing facility. If you apply when you're newly hired, you won't have to provide proof of good health or be subject to underwriting requirements. Eligible family members must always provide proof of good health and are subject to underwriting.
- Wellness and Work-life Resources: Penn is committed to supporting our faculty and staff as they balance the competing demands of work and personal life. That's why we offer a wide variety of programs and resources to help you care for your health, your family, and your work-life balance.
- Professional and Personal Development: Penn provides an array of resources to help you advance yourself personally and professionally.
- University Resources: As a member of the Penn community, you have access to a wide range of University resources as well as cultural and recreational activities. Take advantage of the University's libraries and athletic facilities, or visit our arboretum and art galleries. There's always something going on at Penn, whether it's a new exhibit at the Penn Museum, the latest music or theater presentation at the Annenberg Center, or the Penn Relays at Franklin Field to name just a few examples. As a member of the Penn community, you're right in the middle of the excitement—and you and your family can enjoy many of these activities for free.
- Discounts and Special Services: From arts and entertainment to transportation and mortgages, you'll find great deals for University faculty and staff. Not only do Penn arts and cultural centers and museums offer free and discounted admission and memberships to faculty and staff. You can also enjoy substantial savings on other goods and services such as new cars from Ford and General Motors, cellular phone service plans, movie tickets, and admission to theme parks.
- Flexible Work Hours: Flexible work options offer creative approaches for completing work while promoting balance between work and personal commitments. These approaches involve use of non-traditional work hours, locations, and/or job structures.
- Penn Home Ownership Services: Penn offers a forgivable loan for eligible employees interested in buying a home or currently residing in West Philadelphia, which can be used for closing costs or home improvements.
- Adoption Assistance: Penn will reimburse eligible employees on qualified expenses in connection with the legal adoption of an eligible child, such as travel or court fees, for up to two adoptions in your household.
To learn more, please visit: https://www.hr.upenn.edu/PennHR/benefits-pay To apply, visit https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/en-US/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn/job/Ryan-Veterinary-Hospital/Veterinary-Technician--Operating-Room---Imaging_JR00076185-1Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below or visit: https://wd1.myworkdaysite.com/recruiting/upenn/careers-at-penn
Jobs at the University of Pennsylvania. When inquiring or applying for positions within the University of Pennsylvania, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at the University of Pennsylvania and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at the University of Pennsylvania are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at the University of Pennsylvania.