Assistant/Associate Professor in Occupational TherapyTenure Status:
Rehabilitation Sciences - 273100Minimum Qualifications
Areas of Interest (No Minimum Level Required)
- An earned terminal doctoral degree in occupational therapy or occupational science, or an entry level degree in occupational therapy combined with a doctoral degree in a related field.
- A minimum of three years of practice experience in occupational therapy For appointments at the rank of Assistant Professor, candidates must demonstrate the potential for effective teaching, student mentoring, and conducting research in the area of expertise.
- For appointments at the rank of Associate Professor, candidates must demonstrate a history of successful teaching at the graduate level, student mentoring, and an established program of research.
Applications are particularly sought from applicants with clinical experience and research related to occupational therapy with children and/or youth.License/Certification Required
Initial national board certification as an occupational therapist.
Licensed or eligible for licensure as an occupational therapist in North Carolina.Description of the Department or Unit
The Master of Science program in Occupational Therapy is currently in Eligibility status for accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE) and will submit a Candidacy application in December 2023 with plans to enroll the first cohort of students in Fall 2024. The program is located in the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences along with programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders (BS and MS-SLP) and Athletic Training (MS).
Appalachian State University’s Beaver College of Health Sciences (BCHS) is transforming the health and quality of life for the communities it serves through inclusive practices, interprofessional collaboration and innovation in teaching, scholarship, service and clinical outreach. BCHS supports almost 3,400 students in nine undergraduate degree programs and seven graduate degree programs, organized into six departments: Nursing; Nutrition and Health Care Management; Public Health and Exercise Science; Recreation Management and Physical Education; Rehabilitation Sciences; and Social Work. The academic programs are located in the Holmes Convocation Center on main campus in the Leon Levine Hall of Health Sciences, a state-of-the-art, 203,000 square foot facility that is the cornerstone of the Wellness District. In addition, the college supports the Blue Cross NC Institute for Health and Human Services and has collaborative partnerships with the Wake Forest School of Medicine’s Physician Assistant Program, the Appalachian Regional Health System and numerous other health agencies. Learn more at https://healthsciences.appstate.edu Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Proposed Date of Hire:
- Teach content related to child and youth occupations, child development, pediatric health conditions, and/or systems serving children and youth
- Conduct and disseminate research related to the development, health, and/or occupational performance of children and youth or the systems that serve them
- Collaborate with faculty in the MSOT program to ensure full accreditation for the developing program
- Perform academic service appropriate for academic rank and professional or community-based service related to scholarly interests
08/19/2024Suggested Salary Range:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
YesEvaluation of Applications Begins:
11/13/2023To apply, visit https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/42944
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button in each job posting.
Jobs at Appalachian State University.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Appalachian State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Appalachian State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Appalachian State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Appalachian State University.