Prairie View A&M UniversityAdjunct Instructor (Art Program - Architecture)Job Title
Adjunct Instructor (Art Program - Architecture)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
School Of ArchitectureProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
This part-time non-tenure track position within the School of Architecture will teach art courses, hold office hours, grade papers, mentor students and adhere to the University standards in teaching, research/creative work and service.Responsibilities:
Education and Experience:
- Teach part-time in Art with emphasis on the courses in the core curriculum and/or studio class - one or more courses as needed
- Keep records, post grades (mid-term & final), submit attendance reporting, and mentor students
- Assist with Curriculum review, and development
- Student advisement, and retention activities
- Post and maintain regular office hours
- Assist students in day-today needs
- Other duties as assigned by department head
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Master of Fine Arts degree in Studio
- Two (2) years of experience teaching at the college level
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to teach basic introductory art courses also known as art appreciation
- Ability to teach basic introductory art courses also known as art appreciation and be able to teach in train studio discipline(s) such as drawing, painting, graphics, etc.
- Proficiency in basic computer knowledge Microsoft Office, Excel, Photoshop, etc.
- Proficient in using technologies to develop, build course content, and perform basic classroom duties.
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter (includes a summary of qualifications specific to this position)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Adjunct-Instructor--Art-Program---Architecture-_R-022122About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com