Assistant Director, Undergraduate Career CoachingDepartment:
College of Business - 255000Minimum Qualifications
- Master’s degree in student development, business or related area
- 1-2 years experience working with students in advising, career coaching, counseling or other helping areas in a college or university setting
- Knowledge of career development theories, adult development theory, counseling processes, career decision making, learning styles, and/or job search strategies.
- Experience developing, leading and facilitating student programs
- Demonstrated track record of building and maintaining relationships with a variety of constituents.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate group discussions, workshops, activities, presentations, and reflections.
- Knowledge or ability to quickly learn about BCS programs, career development, employers, alumni, and faculty needs and expectations, recruiting and staffing methods, employment trends.
- Ability to present to varied audiences, communicate with professionalism in both written and oral form.
- Ability to work with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Teaching experience or demonstrated ability to teach career development courses.
Valid drivers license is required.Preferred Qualifications
• Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training highly preferred
• Relationship development and cultivation skills
• Experience in recruiting, human resources, or higher educationEssential Duties and Responsibilities
The Assistant Director, Undergraduate Career Coaching
is an essential member of the Business Career Services team, working collaboratively and independently to connect Walker College of Business students with opportunities in industry. These initiatives and activities include: providing culturally informed one-on-one career coaching, creating workshops and professional programs to connect students with opportunities, engaging and collaborating with faculty and alumni for events and classroom presentation and working with student clubs and programs to bring career development into these groups. In this capacity, the Assistant Director is expected to assist the Executive Director in the development, implementation, and management of short- and long-range strategic plans that are consistent with the mission and goals of the Center.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide one-on-one career advising, skill development, and support to undergraduate students in the WCOB.
- Design and deliver workshops and programs aimed at increasing the career exploration and readiness of business students.
- Serve as advisor to Presidents Roundtable, club presidents for WCOB students; creating professional development programming and partnership opportunities for employer panels and workshops.
- Organize club expo and student resource fair for WCOB students
- Organize, recruit for, and attend events including alumni speaker series, workshops, and site visits to employers as coordinated through employer engagement staff.
- Maintain broad current knowledge of career and economic trends and their impact on career paths.
- Connect with various faculty and present in classrooms and in collaboration with various departments across campus.
- Build and maintain relationships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, employers, parents, and donors in order to support students in their career discovery.
- Develop innovative career programming in collaboration with the BCS team and other key stakeholders to benefit students.
- Gather and document first destination data on graduating seniors.
- Analyze trends and assist the department with continuous improvement efforts.
- Assisting with programming coordinated by others in BCS.
- Other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.Suggested Salary Range:
48,000-50,000Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
YesEvaluation of Applications Begins:
11/06/2023Proposed Date of Hire:
12/11/2023To apply, visit https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/42846
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button in each job posting.
Jobs at Appalachian State University.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Appalachian State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Appalachian State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Appalachian State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Appalachian State University.