Gift Assurance Senior Specialist - Advancement & Alumni EngagementLocation:
San Antonio, TXRegular/Temporary:
Full TimeOrg Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online
, on USTA Today
or on Twitter, Instagram
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.Posting End Date
This position will remain open until filled. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.Salary
Salary: $45,000 annualized with flexibility, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.Required Application Materials
Essential Functions Job SummaryUTSA Advancement & Alumni Engagement
- Resume and cover letter are required.
seeks a detail-oriented individual with excellent skills in problem-solving and data analysis to serve as a Gift Assurance Senior Specialist.
The Gift Assurance Senior Specialist will serve as a member of the Advancement Services team. They will be responsible for gift data integrity, including providing assistance in reporting and analysis of gift and endowment compliance policies and processes.Specific responsibilities include:
- Reviews and approves appropriate gift entry elements in adherence to endowment and gift acceptance provisions, applicable laws, policies and rules.
- Conducts database updates, including creating constituent and fund records, and updating existing records as needed.
- Prepares, submits and maintains financial reporting for the University's accounting office. (i.e. GASB)
- Assists with analyzing endowment compliance and gift acceptance issues and help develop controls to minimize risks to include data integrity, policies and procedures and reconciliation.
- Assists with reporting preparation for endowment and gifts to the University. Examples of reporting could include but are not limited to restricted gifts, VSE, endowments, scholarships, and research funding.
- Assists with preparing endowment compliance reports for external report requirements.
- Assists with gift entry as needed, receives and processes various events, memberships and gifts in the form of pledges, pledge payments, matching gifts, and other comparable methods; assigns funds, campaign, appeal, solicitor codes and creates electronic files.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from other institutions, administration, and donors regarding compliance issues.
- Demonstrates UTSA core values: Integrity, Excellence, Inclusiveness, Respect, Collaboration and Innovation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions Working Environment:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Two years of professional experience in accounting, data integrity, auditing or a closely related field that includes preparing and interpreting financial and legal documents.
- Additional education may substitute for experience on a one for one basis.
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity and quality in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
- Problem-solving skills and ability to proactively analyze issues.
- Ability to maintain confidentially.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Computer, database software, Microsoft Suite knowledge and high-level proficiency with Excel.
- Office environment
- Ability to travel to and from meeting, training sessions or other business-related events.
- After hours and weekend work is required on an occasional basis.
- Sedentary work; sitting most of the time.
This position is Hybrid-Regularly:
This position will require working both remotely and on campus (approximately five or more days on campus per month). Travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility. Applicants must be adaptable and open to working in both environments.Additional Information
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities. To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=10942&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of Texas at San Antonio.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of Texas at San Antonio, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of Texas at San Antonio and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of Texas at San Antonio are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of Texas at San Antonio.