Chairperson - Music
Southeast Missouri State UniversitySalary:
Depends on QualificationsJob Type:
Cape Girardeau, MODepartment:
MusicClosing: Position Summary
Associate Professor or Professor - Tenured
Department of Music
Holland College of Arts and Media Primary Responsibilities:
Provide dynamic, collegial, and equitable leadership to a dedicated team of 16 full-time faculty, a dozen part-time faculty, and staff. Fulfill the role and responsibilities of a chairperson as defined in the SEMO Faculty Handbook (Download PDF reader)
. Chairperson Assignments:
- Six-hour credit load devoted to administrative responsibilities.
- Administration of 16 full-time faculty members, approximately a dozen part-time faculty depending on the semester course rotation schedule, and around 150 undergraduate students.
- Officially represent the department's interests on- and off- campus.
- Develop strategies for recruiting and retaining students.
- Ensure the academic needs of students are met.
- Demonstrate leadership in keeping with the University's mission and strategic plan.
- Demonstrate strategic retention and development of current faculty.
- Coordinate hiring of new faculty and staff.
- Work collegially with other departments at the College and University.
- Teach a six-hour credit load within the Department of Music.
- Expertise in any area represented in the scope of practice within the field of music will be considered.
- Engage in scholarly or creative activities within the candidate's research or performance interests.
- Actively participate in recruitment efforts both on- and off-campus.
- Demonstrate sustained efforts in service to both the University as well as the profession.
Southeast Missouri State University
- Terminal degree in Music. (Earned doctorate must be from a regionally accredited, internationally accredited, or government-certified university).
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching, scholarship, and service sufficient to merit the rank of associate professor with tenure (full professor will be considered for candidates that meet the department and university criteria).
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Evidence of successful administrative and leadership experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality in interacting with others within the University community.
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining a high level of faculty morale and enthusiasm.
is interested in recruiting academic leaders with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education grounded in the teacher-scholar model. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to facilitate the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended, and online formats, and initiatives promoting student success, retention, and degree completion.Required Information & Deadline Application Deadline:
The position is available August 1, 2024. and will remain open until filled. To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by November 21, 2023
Submit the following online by clicking on the APPLY
button at the top of the page:
Additional Information About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO):
- Letter of interest addressing all required qualifications
- Current curriculum vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Statement of Research Interests or a video recording of recital, solo performance, or other significant performance activity within the past 18 months. (To submit video recording, please provide a web link or imbed the video in a supported file type, such as a PDF or Microsoft Office file type.)
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Name, affiliation, and contact information of at least three current professional references
Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
SEMO Fact Book: Institutional Research Factbook | SEMO
SEMO Strategic Action Plan: Strategic Action Plan (semo.edu) Department Information
: Information regarding the Department of Music can be found at https://semo.edu/colleges-departments/arts-media/music/
. To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/4248522/chairperson-music
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
jeid-2ac22e68873d2f43a45a75c23774728cCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Jobs at Southeast Missouri State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University