Executive Associate Dean
Under the supervision of the Dean, strengthens humanistic culture, leads and administers projects, and coordinates certain activities in the dental school to assure that academic objectives are met and that patients receive ethical, high quality oral health care; provides support to the dean and acts in dean's place as necessary.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.
- Support the Dean in managing day-to-day operations of the dental school and university including building projects, budgeting and payment authorizations, strategic planning, outcomes tracking, and educational program development.
- Works closely with the Dean and members of the Deans leadership Council to develop and execute plans that ensure the alignment and effective use of personnel, funds, technology, and facility resources to meet operating and strategic priorities.
- Serve as substitute for Dean at events as necessary.
- Manage strategic, business continuity, and crisis management planning.
- Manage outcomes tracking process and team for school.
- Manage global activities of the school.
- Oversee management of dean’s office team.
- Facilitate all MOUs, MOAs, and contracts between the school and other University and external units.
- Develop, coordinate, and promote activities associated with our defining characteristic of humanism involving patients, students, staff, faculty, alumni, and community neighbors.
- Participate in various dental school/University programs and committees.
- Work with community, external agencies, and individuals in support of student/resident education, patient care, scholarly work, and community service.
- Attend meetings involving the University and other education institutions and agencies as required.
- Participate in the Dean’s Cabinet, Leadership Council, and other internal committees and taskforces as needed.
- Complete any additional tasks or projects as directed by the Dean.
- Dental school purpose, vision, and core values
- Word, Excel, axiUm, Outlook, Canvas, Sharepoint, and other data reporting tools
- Committee structure and function
- Regulatory bodies and their activities related to the dental school
- Educate, train, discipline, and reward individuals in regulatory and university policies and procedures
- Represent the Dental School to external vendors and dental professionals
- Respond appropriately and timely in all emergency situations
- Organize and prioritize responsibilities
- Prepare accurate written reports
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a dental school setting
- Master’s degree in related field
- Position requires coordination of a variety of responsible duties in stressful situations
- Must be available to work additional hours every weekday and some weekends
- Ability to travel to satellite clinics and professional meetings
- Integrate dental school purpose, vision, and core values into dental school operations
- Lead and function in an active change environment including managing large, multifaceted projects over an extended period of time
- Communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and patients using various means of communication (email, texts, one-on-one conversations, small meetings, large meetings, lectures)
- Effectively listen, lead, follow, collaborate, negotiate, compromise, direct, and delegate
- Work collaboratively and effectively with other units of the Dental School as well as other University programs on campus
- Maintain professional composure and demeanor
- Dental private practice, group practice, or public health experience
- Doctoral degree in related field
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work performed is primarily general office/administrative with frequent use of computer keyboard and phone
- requires sitting majority of the working day; occasional standing, bending and walking
- Occasional lifting of up to 15lbs should be anticipated
Hiring Range: $134,717 - $185,236 per year. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.
Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26746
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.