ASHS - Anatomy Lab Assistant (Non Work Study)Job Category:
Mesa, AZ 85206, USAMesa, AZ 85206, USA Job Details Description
ASHS Anatomy Lab Assistants are current ATSU students on the Mesa, AZ campus who have excelled in anatomy courses at ATSU and demonstrate enthusiasm for helping students succeed in these courses. The Anatomy Lab Assistant will: 1) assist with dissection during the Spring semester, and 2) staff the cadaver lab during open lab hours and ensure lab policies are followed, set up donors and models for lab sessions, and provide guidance for current anatomy students in their studies. The successful applicant will be able to help current anatomy students better understand course content but are not expected to be content experts. As such, they will be expected to refer the student to the anatomy faculty/other resources should additional support be necessary.
This position is paid hourly and is estimated 8 hours/week. The hours may be flexible based on assigned tasks. Requirements:
- Must be a current ATSU student enrolled in a residential program on the Mesa campus.
- Experience with human cadavers and/or dissection is preferred but not required
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to enforce policies
- Physically able to perform dissection of human cadavers for extended length of time
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks
- High level of critical thinking and discernment on written material (assessments)
- Computer skills on the following software: Microsoft suite, Google suite, Learning management system (Canvas)
- Communication (verbal and written) ability to interact with graduate health professions faculty and students about the clinical aspects of gross anatomy
- Effective communication, strong time management
- Commitment to working 5-8 hours per week
Times Needed: Dissection: Weekday afternoons (tentatively: Mon and/or Thurs) ; Open Hours Lab Shifts:
Weeknights between 5 pm-11 pm; weekends between 8 am-11 pm. Hours are flexible
Physical Requirements: Must be able to reach overhead; stand for 2+ hours at a time; must be able to lift ~50lbs
Paid hourly rate of $16, estimated 8hrs/week through June 30, 2023 with possibility to continue
Number of positions available: 4
Start date: April 1, 2023 Qualifications Skills Behaviors: Motivations: Education Experience Licenses & Certifications To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/ATS1000ATSU/JobBoard/3cecd56d-0475-4bd9-8534-c2eb468057dd/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d51f1f66-74c1-4ee5-98ed-2447b1daed73Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at A.T. Still University. When inquiring or applying for positions at A.T. Still University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at A.T. Still University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at A.T. Still University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at A.T. Still University.