Director - Small Business Development Center
Southeast Missouri State UniversitySalary:
Depends on QualificationsJob Type:
Cape Girardeau, MODepartment:
Office of Economic and Workforce DevelopmentClosing:
ContinuousPosition Summary Director Small Business Development Center
Office of Economic and Workforce Development
Full Time/Term/Grant Funded
Southeast Missouri State University Small Business Development Center (SBDC) program provides counseling and training to prospective and existing businesses that strengthen the competitiveness of Missouri's business. The SBDC Director provides leadership to coordinate services of the program. This includes promoting growth, expansion, innovation, increased productivity, and management in small and prospective businesses.
Small businesses are an essential element in the Missouri economy generating new jobs, increasing sales, attracting investments, and contributing to the tax base. Business development is an important component of the state's economic development strategy and Southeast Missouri State University's economic development mission. Primary Responsibilities
- Oversee the SBDC program's services offered throughout a 14-county services area
- Ensure compliance with grant/contract/other requirements
- Meet or exceed the SBDC Federal goals and Missouri SBDC state metrics
- Prepare proposals and reports for funders as required
- Plan and direct daily operations to deliver outcomes that meet stakeholder needs and goals
- Plan and deliver educational programs/training in business subject matters targeted to meet the needs of business and prospective business people
- Provide business assistance through coaching entrepreneurs and business leadership teams in starting, growing, and operating businesses that result in positive economic and societal outcomes
- Market educational programs and promote the mission of Southeast Missouri State University and the Missouri SBDC to area leaders, capital resources, economic developers, chambers of commerce, and other partner organizations
- Maintain positive relations with stakeholders and partners
- Keep up to date with business trends and research-based knowledge to create new and effective programs
- Seek out and develop external funding sources that are in alignment with organizational priorities, value, and mission including identifying fees, new opportunities, appropriate grant or contract opportunities, and partnerships that provide revenue growth opportunities for new and existing educational programs
Required Information & Deadline Application Deadline:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in any of the following: Business, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Business Management, or related area with appropriate coursework exhibited
- Ability to travel in-state and occasionally out of state; and work evenings and weekends to meet the needs of clients, programming goals, and partnership expectations
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a team member
- Actively foster inclusion of varied clients by delivering educational programs that represent the population of assigned counties
- Demonstrate effective public speaking, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn different and new technologies
- Ability to teach/facilitate educational programs
- Demonstrated understanding of and a strong commitment to customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to operate and manage a business, provide training, and/or consulting
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain professional relationships
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by November 3, 2023.
The position is available immediately and will remain open until filled. To Apply:
Submit the following items online by clicking on the APPLY
button at the top of the page.
Additional Information About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO):
- Letter of interest addressing required qualifications
- Current resume
- Names and contact information of three professional references.
Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
SEMO Fact Book: Institutional Research Factbook | SEMO
SEMO Strategic Action Plan: Strategic Action Plan (semo.edu) To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/4251798/director-small-business-development-center
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
jeid-e692288f697ae943852b2fe085c936afCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Jobs at Southeast Missouri State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University