Academic Evaluator Non-Traditional Programs
Salary: $42,598.40 - $44,616.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time Staff
Location: Whitworth University Campus
Department: Registrar's Office
Whitworth University is a place of fearless intellect and unconstrained commitment to the Christian faith, we equip our graduates to “honor God, follow Christ, and serve humanity.” Whitworth believes that integral to its core mission is modeling love and understanding across racial, ethnic, gender, socio-economic, sexual orientation, religious, and other expressions of human difference. As a result, Whitworth recognizes that an equitable and inclusive community is central to our identity as a Christian university committed to educating and developing critically thinking students.
You are on this webpage because a position at Whitworth sparked your curiosity. If you find yourself questioning hitting the apply button because you might not meet 100% of the qualifications, we think you should do it! Research continues to show that women and BIPOC candidates are less likely to hit the apply button unless they meet all the listed qualifications. One way we are working to overcome this trend is every search committee at Whitworth has a trained Equity Advocate (EA) serving on the team. Our EAs are trained to make space for committees to consider each candidate's unique and relevant skills and attributes. So, when you click apply, please know that your application is reviewed by a committee of real, living, and breathing human beings who want to understand your experience and skills to find ways you relate to the key competencies needed for success in the position.
Whitworth is looking for an Academic Evaluator of Non-Traditional Programs to join the Registrar team. The ideal candidate will be service-oriented, a keen problem solver, and enjoy advising students in Whitworth's Graduate, Continuing Studies, non-matriculated, and special programs. You will play a key role in maintaining policies, data and practices related to the evaluation of credentials and in the expansion of non-traditional programs.
Student Advising | 25%
- Serve as a student advisor regarding academic credits and progress towards graduation for Graduate, Continuing Studies, non-matriculated and special programing students.
- Ensure all major/minor changes are complete (including tracks and concentrations when appropriate) and posted to the student record.
- Interpret, maintain and produce Academic Evaluation Reports as needed by students and their advisors.
- Notify advisees and their academic advisors of degree progress and final graduation requirements.
Data and Policies | 25%
- Maintain graduation application data and policies
- Communicate with program directors to ensure timely submission of graduation applications, and progress toward degree completion.
- Receive and review graduation petitions and plans for all Graduate, Continuing Studies, non-matriculated and special programing students.
- Collaborate, in accordance with communicated deadlines, with Commencement Manager to maintain list of students eligible for graduation.
- Oversee policies related to the evaluation of credentials for all Whitworth students
- Maintain accurate policies for the equivalency of AP, CLEP, DANTES and IB credit to Whitworth credit.
- Coordinate with the Registrar on all policy changes related to DTA agreements and articulation agreements.
- Maintain an up-to-date library of relevant AACRAO and other organization publications about international transfer evaluation.
Credit Evaluation | 20%
- Evaluate academic credits and maintain credit evaluation practices for the Registrar's Office.
- Ensure the consistent evaluation of transfer credit for all programs and students.
- Maintain expertise in technology as it relates to academic programs, evaluations, and degree audits.
- Coordinate evaluation and posting of credits for AP, CLEP, DANTES, and IB programs
- Serve as the liaison with faculty to determine course equivalency of external courses and Whitworth courses.
Preliminary Evaluations | 10%
- Provide preliminary evaluations for students.
- Work with Graduate Admissions and The School of Continuing Studies to ensure timely completion of preliminary evaluations for prospective students.
- Collaborate with academic departments to ensure preliminary evaluations are accurate.
Directed Studies | 10%
- Process all directed studies applications (TA, internship, field studies, independent studies and step-up).
- Maintain effective communication with students, faculty, and department chairs regarding errors and deadlines.
Other | 10%
- Assist the Commencement Manager with year-round support for commencement.
- Represent the Registrar's Office at university committees as directed by the Registrar.
- Represent the Registrar's Office and prepare reporting for The School of Continuing Studies ERB meeting.
Minimum Qualifications | Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An associates degree is preferred and Whitworth considers candidates with a wide range of educational backgrounds. We value the skills and knowledge candidates bring to Whitworth, regardless of the paths they have taken to acquire them.
- Relevant work experience in a confidential, service-oriented, computerized work environment (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- Willingness to cross-train with other positions within the office.
- Demonstrated growth in cultural competence, awareness of societal and structural inequities, and proven experience in effectively establishing relationships and positive communications with students and other constituents across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to, race, gender, varying abilities, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, class or religious perspectives.
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning.
- A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth University as a comprehensive Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Knowledge of federal reporting guidelines and compliance deadlines; ability to adjust workload at any point in the academic year to maintain compliance.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Experience/proficiency in using different software systems as they apply to the workplace (such as Microsoft Suite).
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and processes.
- The ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, including the ability to sit, bend, stoop, walk, and stand for extended periods of time. Moderate lifting (not usually more than 25 lbs.).
- The ability to talk on the phone, and regularly use a computer.
Full time (1.0 FTE), working 40 hours per week, 12-months
A background check, credit check, and confirmation of degrees earned will be required of the successful candidate. A resume, cover letter, faith statement, and names, email addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) professional references will also be required.
Looking for resources to help with writing a faith statement? Check out our faith statement resource page for more information.
Learn more about our shared work to achieve and sustain inclusive excellence HERE.
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sexual orientation, sex, or disability. With our Christ-centered commitment to building a diverse and inclusive community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.
Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. Applications may be rejected if incomplete.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/whitworth/staff/jobs/4252136/academic-evaluator-non-traditional-programs
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency