Assistant Professor of Media LawTenure Status:
Communication - 265100Minimum Qualifications
Appalachian State University’s Department of Communication seeks an Assistant Professor of Media Law beginning August 2024.
Areas of Interest (No Minimum Level Required)
- An earned doctorate in Communication or a related field or a JD is required.
- Candidates who are ABD will also be considered, but their tenure-track appointment would require evidence of successful defense of their dissertation by July 31, 2024.
- All applicants must display evidence of their potential to teach communication law and journalism courses at the undergraduate level to contribute to departmental service, and to maintain a program of scholarly or creative activity.
- Qualifications include research and teaching interests related to media law and the First Amendment.
The department is especially interested in candidates whose background reveals their potential to support the mission and vision of Appalachian State University.License/Certification Required
N/ADescription of the Department or Unit
The Department of Communication offers five major programs of study: advertising, communication studies, digital journalism, electronic media/broadcasting, and public relations. The department employs 40 full-time faculty members dedicated to teaching approximately 1,000 communication majors. Additional information about the Department of Communication, the university, and the surrounding area is located at https://communication.appstate.edu
.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Proposed Date of Hire:
- The successful candidate will teach communication law and other courses in the Digital Journalism major curriculum as well as departmental core courses as needed.
- The typical teaching load is three courses per semester.
- Other responsibilities include advising students, maintaining a program of scholarly activity, and participating in departmental, university, and professional service.
- Teaching responsibilities may include teaching courses at Appalachian State’s Hickory campus.
08/19/2024Suggested Salary Range:
Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.Closing Date: Open Until Filled:
YesEvaluation of Applications Begins:
11/06/2023To apply, visit https://appstate.peopleadmin.com/postings/42773
Appalachian State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. The University does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button in each job posting.
Jobs at Appalachian State University.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Appalachian State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Appalachian State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Appalachian State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Appalachian State University.