Coordinator 1, Testing Services
Salt Lake Community CollegePosition Title:
Coordinator 1, Testing ServicesOpen Internally or Externally:
ExternalIf faculty, tenure track status:
Not ApplicableReports to (title):
Assistant Director, Testing ServicesDepartment:
Testing CenterRequisition Number:
Full-timeInitial Work Location: Starting Salary:
$44,571.71 - $47,636.40 Job Open Date:
10/18/2023Job Close Date: Open Until Filled:
YesPriority Review Date:
The Coordinator assists the Assistant Director to ensure that South City Testing Center staff deliver high-quality service to its customers (students, instructors, staff, and other community members). The Coordinator serves as Testing Center lead and will assist in the management of all aspects of the testing center during evening hours, including oversight, training and scheduling of proctors; reviewing, approving, and managing test requests and coordination of exam accommodations; managing, maintaining, and improving computer hardware, software and facility resources; coordinating with college departments and testing centers located on other campuses; communicating with and providing assistance to staff, instructors and students related to testing policies and processes. Actively administers tests when required and is proficient in all activities that support the testing of students.Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Securely maintain and oversee administration of all academic test materials at South City.
- Apply, explain, and enforce testing policies and procedures, including checking student IDs, launching tests, monitoring examinees, and updating testing procedures.
- Process exams with accommodations and ensure accommodations are upheld.
- Troubleshoot and problem solve technical issues for all exams offered
- Support the certification and licensure exams offered.
- Coordinate the schedule and provide guidance for administration of the Testing Center.
- Apply, explain, and enforce testing policies and procedures, including specific vendor information and requirements.
- Participate in the hiring process, train new proctors, and conduct ongoing/refresher training of current staff.
- Coordinate staff coverage
- Provide feedback on job performance such as attendance, upholding policy, wrong exam given etc.
- Coordinate and provide leadership for operations of the Testing Center; foster a cooperative work environment; facilitate student, faculty and staff problem resolution; promote present and future services; and communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external constituencies.
- Mentor faculty, staff, and or students in the effective use of system software as needed.
- With the Assistant Director’s guidance, review/improve operations and procedures; organize resources and establish priorities; plan and implement short/long-range goals of all aspects of the Testing Center’s operations, in keeping with those of the Department, Division, and College.
- Coordinate with other department leadership and departments to further the College’s mission and to identify and address online testing needs at the College.
Assist Assistant Director in the gathering and analyzing statistical data to generate relevant reports to direct continuous improvement of testing services and resources.
Other duties as assigned.Essential Responsibilities and Duties Continued: Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- One (1) to two (2) years of direct, paid, full-time experience.
Trade off 2:1 years experience/education requirement.Part time experience may be considered on prorated basis.Preferred Qualifications:
Bilingual.Experience working in higher education environment.Experience in a testing center environment.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Ability to plan, direct, implement, and evaluate support service operations specifically related to testing operations.Ability to coordinate with faculty and staff to support student assessment activities.Demonstrated experience in the delivery and support of academic assessment technologies.Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and information and apply it effectively to testing center operations.Ability to schedule, direct and supervise testing specialists.Ability to use a variety of learning and testing technologies including learning management systems such as Canvas and testing platforms provided by independent vendors.Excellent problem-solving skills, demonstrating sound judgement and the ability to resolve routine matters.Ability to assist staff and peers in their day- to-day tasks and conduct training for new personnel.Must be detail oriented with the ability to work well under pressure.Must possess exceptional time management skills.Must be reliable and arrive promptly for scheduled work shifts.Must possess high ethical values and be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing as well as electronically via various mediums.Knowledge of academic advising, Disability Resource Center policies, and other college student support services.Advanced computer literacy and the ability to adapt to changing software.Ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of diverse people, ability, culture, and ethnic background, to maintain good working relationships across the College.Ability to work with all groups in a diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic background of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities.Non-Essential Responsibilities and Duties: Special Instructions:
Primary shift 11:30 am to 8:00 pm, Monday through Thursday; 9:00 am to 5:00pm Friday at the South City campus.Must be available to work a flexible schedule if hours are expanded. Extra hours may be required during final exam period (3x year on multiple successive days).Salt Lake Community College will complete a background check on the final candidate.Full consideration will be given to applicants who apply on or before the priority review date indicated above.More information about Salt Lake Community College benefits: https://i.slcc.edu/culture/benefits/index.aspxSLCC Highlights:
Salt Lake Community College is Utah’s largest open-access college with the most diverse student body in the state. We proudly educate 45,000+ students pursuing degrees in 100+ programs across 8 areas of study, and Utah’s fastest growing industries and four-year baccalaureate programs consistently welcome SLCC graduates. Every SLCC employee has a hand in transforming students’ lives to strengthen its surrounding communities. SLCC employees work at 11 locations across the valley and capital city of Salt Lake with easy access to the beautiful Wasatch Mountains, world-class outdoor recreation, sporting events, museums, history, and arts and entertainment.Salt Lake Community College seeks and values contributions from each community member and welcomes new and diverse perspectives. A respectful work environment is its top priority; academic excellence and lasting transformation come about when diverse voices can speak and collaborate freely. As an emerging Hispanic Serving Institution, SLCC leads the state with the highest enrollment of students from the Latinx/a/o community. SLCC is committed to serving diverse students and being a model for inclusive and transformative education.FLSA:
Salt Lake Community College (SLCC) is fully committed to policies of equal employment and nondiscrimination. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, religion, protected veteran status, expression of political or personal beliefs outside of the workplace, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.SLCC is a participating employer with Utah Retirement Systems (“URS”). In addition to URS, SLCC offers several other retirement account options.This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check.To apply, please visit: https://jobs.slcc.edu/postings/57199Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Salt Lake Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Salt Lake Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Salt Lake Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Salt Lake Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Salt Lake Community College.