Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Strategic CommunicationsPrimary Purpose:
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Strategic Communications will be the primary communications contact for Men's Basketball, and lead, direct, plan, and implement communications, media relations, publicity, and marketing for Pacific Athletics. They will manage the development, organization, and distribution of informational materials for the intercollegiate athletics program inclusive of internet properties, print, broadcasts, and other mediums of communication; to include marketing and fan engagement initiatives. They will establish a presence as the primary news source for Pacific Athletics fans through the effective use of the website, mobile app, and social media.Essential Functions:
- Men’s Basketball: Serve as the lead contact for Pacific Men’s Basketball regarding all communications, media relations, publicity, and content.
- Leadership: Lead the Athletics Communications, Marketing, and Creative Content units in the creation and dissemination of Pacific Athletics content including, but not limited to website releases, social media posts, game/feature stories, video interviews, video highlights, statistics, and biographical information. Manage the department budget. Act as the institutional spokesperson on topics related to the Pacific Athletics Department and serve as a lead communicator with conferences and other universities’ communications personnel.
- Storytelling: Collaboratively work with Pacific Strategic Communications to publicize Pacific Athletics, including generating a weekly story for the university’s newsletter.
- Marketing and Promotions: Develop and implement innovative and sustainable marketing plans established to educate, inform, and attract target audiences, as well as evaluate the effectiveness of the programming, in collaboration with Development and Alumni Relations.
- Supervision: Hire, train, develop, and supervise student, full-time, and part-time staff.
- Website: Manage the athletics website with a strategy to increase engagement as measured by time on site, clicks, etc. Establish an approach to maintaining accurate, up-to-date, and timely content and news dissemination. Handle record book management and archiving procedures.
- Media and Interviews: Pitch and solicit stories, respond to requests from, and maintain a positive relationship with local, regional, and national print, radio, TV, and internet media representatives.
- Social Media: Manage and post the athletic event components such as pregame, in-game, and post-game. Coordinate and collaborate with the Assistant Director of Athletics for Fan Engagement.
- Public Relations: Provide oversight and direction to coaches, staff, and student-athletes on media relations policies, public relations, written materials, and assist them in disseminating appropriate information when dealing with the media. Coordinate media training for coaches and student-athletes.
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Five (5) years of experience in athletics communications, media relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- Master’s Degree.
- Eight (8) years of experience in communication services and/or media relations.
- Experience in college athletics, preferably NCAA Division I athletic program serving as the primary communications contact for Men’s Basketball.
- Demonstrated strong writing, editing and management skills, with the ability to write for a variety of media and audiences.
- Positive attitude.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Constant verbal and written communication. Occasional lifting/carrying up to 50 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment and in sports facilities with use of computer and phone. Work is primarily performed during normal business hours, but may include odd hours, nights, and weekends to meet business needs. Travel is required for some road contests of assigned teams.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for university business. The University and its insurance carrier reserve the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring Range:
$95,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26683
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.