Program Manager/Senior Program Manager - College of SciencesLocation:
San Antonio, TXRegular/Temporary:
Full TimeOrg Marketing Statement
The University of Texas at San Antonio is a Hispanic Serving University specializing in cyber, health, fundamental futures, and social-economic development. With more than 34,000 students, it is the largest university in the San Antonio metropolitan region. UTSA advances knowledge through research and discovery, teaching and learning, community engagement and public service. The university embraces multicultural traditions and serves as a center for intellectual and creative resources as well as a catalyst for socioeconomic development and the commercialization of intellectual property—for Texas, the nation and the world. Learn more online
, on USTA Today
or on Twitter, Instagram
UTSA, situated in a global city that has been a crossroads of peoples and cultures for centuries, values diversity and inclusion in all aspects of university life. As an institution expressly founded to advance the education of Mexican Americans and other underserved communities, our university is committed to ending generations of discrimination and inequity. UTSA, a premier public research university, fosters academic excellence through a community of dialogue, discovery and innovation that embraces the uniqueness of each voice.Posting End Date
This position will remain open until filled. At the discretion of the hiring department, this position posting may close once a sufficient number of qualified applications have been received.Salary
Salary Range: $50,000- $60,000 annualized, commensurate with education, experience and qualifications.Hours per Week
Exempt Position: 40 hours per week.Required Application Materials
Essential Functions Position Overview:
- Resume, cover letter, and 2-4 references are required.
UTSA is seeking a dynamic and highly organized Program Manager/Senior Program Manager to join the CONNECT (CONsortium on Nuclear sECurity Technologies) Program team. The CONNECT program is funded by the Department of Energy, National Nuclear Security Administration. The CONNECT Program is dedicated to enhancing student success and engagement through research and professional development opportunities. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in providing administrative support to the program, coordinating activities, and ensuring the efficient operation of CONNECT.
Vision of the CONsortium on Nuclear sECurity Technologies: Through the synergy of leveraging resources and expertise at three minority serving institutions (UTSA, St. Mary's University, and University of Nevada at Las Vegas) and three world class DOE national laboratories (Los Alamos, Argonne, and Pacific Northwest National Laboratories), we educate scientists and engineers from three minority-serving institutions in the underlying science, engineering, and public policy surrounding nuclear security and nonproliferation. The intent of CONNECT is- to be the pre-eminent center of research innovation that advances technology solutions in nuclear security in the following three areas: Fissionable Fuels and Forensics (UTSA, UNLV and LANL), Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Computational Methods (UTSA, StMU, LANL and ANL), and Public and Nonproliferation Policy (UTSA, StMU, LANL and PNNL).Key Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications Program Manager
- Serve as the primary administrative point of contact for the CONNECT Program.
- Coordinate and manage program logistics, including scheduling meetings, workshops, and events.
- Assist in budget management, student funding award, and procurement processes.
- Support the development and implementation of program initiatives.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff, students and consortium collaborators to ensure seamless program delivery.
- Maintain program and student records and databases.
- Prepare reports and presentations as needed.
- Assist in marketing and outreach efforts to promote the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Senior Program Manager
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution and
- 3 years of related experience.
Additional experience may substitute for education OR additional education may substitute for experience on a one year for one year basis.Both Levels
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- 6 years of related experience.
- A requirement of the program is that all participants, collaborators, and staff are U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizen or lawful permanent resident)
- Proven experience in program management or administrative support.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Attention to detail and a proactive approach to problem-solving.
- Familiarity with higher education settings is a plus.
This primary work location for this position will be on campus. Travel and parking expenses are the employee's responsibility.Additional Information
Position will be filled at either the Program Manager or Sr. Program Manager level based on finalist qualifications and department need.
This is a grant-funded position and is contingent on additional grant funding.EO/AA Statement
- UTSA is a tobacco free campus.
- This is a security sensitive position. Employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
- Applicants selected must be able to show proof of eligibility to work in the United States by time of hire.
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, it is the policy of The University of Texas at San Antonio to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information, and veteran status. The University is committed to the Affirmative Action Program in compliance with all government requirements to ensure nondiscrimination. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. UTSA campuses are accessible to persons with disabilities. To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to https://zahr-prd-candidate-ada.utshare.utsystem.edu/psp/ZAHRPRDADA/EMPLOYEE/UTZ_CG/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=21&JobOpeningId=10837&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of Texas at San Antonio.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of Texas at San Antonio, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of Texas at San Antonio and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of Texas at San Antonio are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of Texas at San Antonio.