Student Programming Coordinator
The Student Programming Coordinator supports the Division of Student Affairs with planning, implementation, and assessment of a variety of programs and events for students at Missouri Western State University. The Student Programming Coordinator works collaboratively across different offices, supporting the Center for Student Involvement, the Center for Diversity & Inclusion, the Career Development Center, and the Dean of Students Office.
- Coordinate and assess workshops, trainings, events, and tabling in order to promote a deeper understanding of different cultures and heritages.
- Promote co-curricular engagement, civic engagement, student leadership, and program assessment/evaluation.
- Plan, promote, and develop programming that supports division-wide assessment practices in step with the Higher Learning Commission Core Component 4.B.
- Directly advise or co-advise student organizations.
- Coordinate services for recognized student organizations (RSOs) including annual RSO renewal process, meeting with students interested in establishing an RSO, providing leadership workshops and trainings for RSO leaders and advisors, and serving as a liaison for RSO engagement with university-wide programs.
- Manage daily RSO processes in MaxEngage (student involvement technology platform) for RSO forms, rosters, processes, and events.
- Coordinate alcohol & other drug education and prevention programming and social norms campaigns for students that align with the MWSU Partners in Prevention strategic plan, including a peer education program using Partners in Prevention curriculum.
- Coordinate and present Collegiate Recovery Ally training and provide programs supporting students in recovery.
- Coordinate annual campus-wide student events, including, but not limited to: Western Warm-Up, Constitution Day, National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week, and the annual SOAR Awards.
- Hire, train and supervise student program assistants & volunteers.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Student development
- Event planning
- Marketing methods and social media
- Software applications
- Grammar and writing formats
- Basic mathematics
- Customer service
- Computer and basic office equipment
- Organization and communication
- Program development
- Ability to multitask with attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and students
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum one year of experience in student programming or student organization management
- Valid driver's license needed for travel
- Experience in higher education, student affairs, and/or student programming and events.
Light Work-Exerting up to 20lbs of force occasionally, and/or up-to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
May require evening and weekend hours
May require travel
Hours of Work
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. (hours will vary depending upon scheduled events)
To view more information and to apply please visit: https://mwsu.peopleadmin.com/
Jobs at Missouri Western State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Missouri Western State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Missouri Western State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Missouri Western State University are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Missouri Western State University .