Department of Nursing - Assistant/Associate Professor
California State University, San BernardinoJob No:
Instructional Faculty – Tenured/Tenure-TrackCategories:
Unit 3 - CFA - California Faculty Association, Tenured/Tenure-Track, Full Time, Faculty - Natural SciencesCalifornia State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) is located in San Bernardino in the Inland Empire, 60 miles east of Los Angeles and operates a satellite campus in Palm Desert located in Coachella Valley. CSUSB serves approximately 20,000 students, of which 81% are first-generation college students and graduates about 5,000 students annually. As a designated Hispanic Serving Institution, CSUSB reflects the dynamic diversity of the region and has one of the most diverse student populations of any university in the Inland Empire, and the second highest Hispanic enrollment of all public universities in California. CSUSB employs 467 full-time faculty and offers 48 undergraduate, 35 graduate, and one doctoral degree programs and 14 academic programs with national accreditation.
At CSUSB, diversity, equity and inclusion are values central to our mission. We recognize that diversity and inclusion in all its forms are necessary for our institutional success. By fully leveraging our diverse experiences, backgrounds and insights, we inspire innovation, challenge the status quo and create better outcomes for our students and community. As part of CSUSB's commitment to hire, develop and retain a diverse faculty, we offer a variety of networking, mentoring and development programs for our junior faculty. We are committed to building and sustaining a CSUSB community that is supportive and inclusive of all individuals. Qualified applicants with experience in ethnically diverse settings and/or who demonstrate a commitment to serving diverse student populations are strongly encouraged to apply. CSUSB has received the Carnegie Community Engagement Classification, which recognizes CSUSB's ongoing commitment to service-learning, a high-impact practice that combines classroom instruction with meaningful volunteer service and correlates strongly to student success.JOB SUMMARY
The Department of Nursing at California State University, San Bernardino (CSUSB) invites applications from those seeking a Tenure Track faculty position at the Assistant Professor or Associate Professor rank in the Department of Nursing (DON) for the start of the academic year, 2024-2025. The initial appointment to this tenure-line position will be untenured with rank commensurate with qualifications and experience. The DON is seeking visionary candidates who will contribute to our campus community through teaching, research, professional activities & service and help achieve the mission and goals of the Department, College, and University in a multicultural community. The successful candidates will also have job skills, experience, and/or willingness to engage in diversity-type activities that could enhance campus diversity efforts and promote commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in faculty culture. TYPICAL ACTIVITIES
The successful candidate will be expected to fulfill the responsibilities of a full-time academic role in undergraduate and/or graduate nursing courses including teaching theory in various modes (e.g., in-person and online instruction, hybrid course delivery), teaching clinical nursing courses informed by evidence-based practice, and leading a group of faculty on both campuses. Responsibilities include participation in department and university committees, scholarship, advising and other contributions to student success, program evaluation and accreditation reporting, and community and professional service.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring a diverse student population and to working effectively with faculty, staff and students across a wide range of disciplines. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Have an earned PhD in Nursing, a DNS, or a DNP from a regionally accredited university and, if a DNP, from a program accredited by a nursing education accrediting organization, by the first day of appointment in Fall 2024.
- Hold an active and unrestricted California RN license or be eligible for that license and have been approved or be eligible for faculty approval by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) at the time of appointment in one or more of the five following nursing specialties: Psych/Mental Health, Medical- Surgical, Geriatrics, Obstetrical Nursing, or Pediatric Nursing.
- For candidates who are Nurse Practitioners, hold current national certification and hold an active and unrestricted California APRN licensure or be eligible for that licensure.
- Evidence of the ability to work effectively with a culturally diverse campus community and contribute to a positive work environment with colleagues, staff, students, and others.
- Evidence of successful teaching and evaluation of students from diverse populations, socioeconomic, cultural, and academic backgrounds.
- Documented evidence of a scholarship/research focus area.
- Record of professional/academic service in program and/or committee leadership.
- Experience in program assessment, evaluation, and regulatory/accreditation documentation.
- Certification as a Nurse Educator
- Applicants from all nursing specialties will be considered; of note, special consideration will be given to candidates who are certified Family Nurse Practitioners or with graduate preparation and a clinical practice background in Obstetrical or Pediatric Nursing.
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Following a conditional offer of employment, a background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate may start work with CSUSB. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may result in the withdrawal of the offer of employment. Note: CSUSB cannot deny an applicant a position solely or in part due to a criminal conviction history until it has performed an individualized assessment and linked the relevant conviction history with specific job duties in the position being sought.
Please note: Current employees who are offered positions on campus will be required to undergo a background check for any position where a background check is required by law or that CSUSB has designated as sensitive. Sensitive positions are those requiring heightened scrutiny of individuals holding the position based on potential for harm to children, concerns for the safety and security of people, animals, or property, or heightened risk of financial loss to CSUSB or individuals in the university community.
For health and well-being, CSUSB is a smoke & tobacco-free campus. The university is committed to promoting a healthy environment for all members of our community.ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department of Nursing (DON) at California State University San Bernardino is committed to continuing to build a diverse faculty, staff, and student body as it responds to the changing population and educational needs of California and the nation. The DON offers courses in undergraduate and graduate programs on two campuses (San Bernardino and Palm Desert) that are predominantly face-to-face for pre-licensure BSN students and in hybrid format for registered nurse and MSN students. The DON has an enrollment of approximately 400 undergraduate and 20 graduate students. Degree programs include BSN (prelicensure and RN to BSN) and MSN with specialty options as Nurse Educator, Population Health for Clinical Leaders, and Advanced Community/Public Health Nursing. The DON is actively developing a Doctor of Nursing Practice Program with a Family Nurse Practitioner focus to meet the healthcare needs of the San Bernardino and surrounding communities. For more information on the Department of Nursing visit https://www.csusb.edu/nursing
For more information regarding the position, please contact: Recruitment Chair
Dr. Cheryl Brandt firstname.lastname@example.org Department Chair
Dr. Jie Yu, email@example.com HOW TO APPLY
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter that includes:
a. A statement of your teaching interest/philosophy
b. A statement of your research experience/plans
- If available, evidence of teaching effectiveness such as teaching portfolios, reports on teaching observations, and/or student evaluations of teaching.
- Unofficial copies of all postsecondary degree transcripts (official transcripts may be required prior to appointment).
- Reference List - names, telephone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) referees whom we may contact to obtain letters of recommendation.
- Confidential letters of recommendation may be solicited from those listed as references on the application if the applicant is moved forward in the recruitment process. Non-confidential letters of recommendation can be uploaded by the applicant during the application process.
- Diversity Statement, which may include your interpretation of diversity, equity and inclusion, and must include specific examples of how your background and your educational and/or professional experiences have prepared you for this role at California State University, San Bernardino (maximum 1,000 words).
Formal review of applications will begin October 1, 2023
and continue until the position is filled.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we invite you to apply by using this CSU Recruit hyperlink at: https://secure.dc4.pageuppeople.com/apply/873/gateway/Default.aspx?c=apply&sJobIDs=529580&SourceTypeID=803&sLanguage=en-us&lApplicationSubSourceID=11243
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Assistant Professor (Range 3) - $5,405 - $11,994
Associate Professor (Range 4) - $6,190 - $13,172
Professor (Range 5) - $7,794 - $13,797
CSU Salary Schedule: https://www.calstate.edu/csu-system/careers/compensation/Pages/salary-schedule.aspxA background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.California State University, San Bernardino is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, or protected veteran status. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096)This position may be “Designated” under California State University's Conflict of Interest Code. This would require the filing of a Statement of Economic Interest on an annual basis and the completion of training within 6 months of assuming office and every 2 years thereafter. Visit the Human Resources Conflict of Interest webpage link for additional information: https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/current-employees/employee-relations/conflict-interestTo view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.eduCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at California State University, San Bernardino.
When inquiring or applying for positions at California State University, San Bernardino, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, San Bernardino and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at California State University, San Bernardino are posted, please sign up at new job openings at California State University, San Bernardino.