Director, Human Resources Operations and Compliance (Administrator II), Human Resouces Division
California State University, San BernardinoJob No:
MPP, Administrative, At-Will, Full Time, On-site (work in-person at business location)Job Summary:
The Director of Human Resources (HR) Operations and Compliance will be an integral, strategic leader and thought partner, driving, implementing, and organizing CSUSB's human resource systems and operations. The Director plans, supervises and directs the Human Resources (HR) Operations department and staff. The Director of HR Operations and Compliance will report to the Executive Director of Human Resources and will ensure the integrity and effectiveness of CSUSB's operations, special projects, human resources information systems, and compliance.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Drive internal processes to ensure compliance with all reporting and auditing requirements.
- Partners with functional SMEs and stakeholders to identify and develop organization design, processes, and metrics that will enhance HR service delivery quality and efficiency.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal and compliance requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risk, and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Maintain responsibility for compliance with federal, state, and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Ensure CSUSB is adhering to the Chancellor's office mandates and directives.
- Annually review and make recommendations to the leadership team for improvements of Human Resources policies, procedures, and practices.
- Lead and conduct on-going audits to identify strengths and areas of needed improvement ensuring compliance.
- Lead the process for developing and updating organizational policies, including review, implementation, communication, training, and interpretation.
- Work closely with CSUSB and the Chancellor's office auditors to ensure we are adhering to and responding to audit requests in a timely manner.
- Manage external consultant and vendor relationships, related to HR and compliance needs.
- Human Resource Information Systems.
- Monitor federal and state regulatory changes and their impact on HRIS systems.
- Work closely with HR Directors to ensure compliance with all regulatory reporting.
Human Resources Operations
- Human Resources Operations Department oversight.
- Human Resources Division Budget coordination and oversight.
- Develops and oversees internal systems and processes to ensure HR Operations strategies, activities, and logistics run efficiently and effectively.
- Performs comprehensive ongoing data analysis and assessment related to all aspects of HR operations for the VP of HR and the leadership team.
- Benchmark against HR best practices and implement innovation and continuous improvement in support of a dynamic, evolving business organization.
- Directs and oversees:
- Employee Recognition programs and events.
- HR Division Professional Development.
- HR Division events, including HR Staff Retreats.
- Human Resources Communications.
- Evaluate internal processes and make recommendations for improvements.
- Provides monthly progress reports and annual reports.
- Oversee Specials Projects for the HR Division
- Directs the work of the HR Special Projects Coordinator.
- Oversee HR Division website updates and enhancements.
- Coordinate and develop business guides for all processes in Human Resources.
Minimum Qualifications: Required Education and Experience
- Perform all other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in human resources or similar degree.
- Five years of combined experience in core HR Operations functions, including policy management/enforcement, compliance and HRIS systems.
- 5 - 7 years of Human Resources experience.
- 3 years of experience in a manager role or higher with direct reports.
- 3+ years of experience working with a HRIS system.
- Policy writing experience.
- Ability to lead multiple teams and multiple cross-functional initiatives simultaneously.
- Project management skills and the ability to drive stakeholders to deliver exceptional results on schedule, even with tight deadlines or quick turnaround times.
- Analytically minded, possess close attention to detail, and take a data-driven problem-solving approach.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Master's degree in human resources. Experience in a higher education and/or public agency setting.
- Human Resources Certification
- Ability to work independently function at a high level as a member of diverse project teams.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously, completing assignments on-time and with accuracy.
- Understands importance of process controls and compliance risk.
- Applies best practices and progressive concepts to projects.
- Proven project management experience preferred.
Anticipated Hiring Range: $4,583 - $11,054 per month
Classification Salary Range: $4,583 - $14,713 per month
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here
Work status: Full-time/Exempt/At-Will
Academic year schedule: Monday through Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm), some evenings/weekends.
Summer schedule: Monday through Thursday (7:00 am - 5:30 pm), some evenings/weekends.
This is a full-time management (MPP) position. MPP employees serve at the pleasure of the campus President. MPPs do not serve a probationary period and never receive permanent status.
First considerations will be given to candidates who apply by on Monday, August 13, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled; however, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
As of January 1, 2022, the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
California State University, San Bernardino in not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (i.e. H1-B Visas).Conditions of Employment Background Check
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.Mandated Reporter
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.I-9
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents
.Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusionClosing Statement:Reasonable Accommodation
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact Nora Jean Fernandez, ADA Manager at Nora.Fernandez@csusb.edu Smoking
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-actTo view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.eduCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at California State University, San Bernardino.
When inquiring or applying for positions at California State University, San Bernardino, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, San Bernardino and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at California State University, San Bernardino are posted, please sign up at new job openings at California State University, San Bernardino.