Assistant Professor or Instructor - Management - Healthcare Management
Southeast Missouri State UniversitySalary:
$0.00 MonthlyJob Type:
Cape Girardeau, MODepartment:
ManagementClosing: Position Summary Assistant Professor - Tenure Track ORInstructor - Regular Non-Tenure TrackHealthcare Management Department of ManagementHarrison College of Business and Computing Position Summary
The Department of Management of the Harrison College of Business and Computing seeks candidates with a healthcare administration background for a full-time faculty position to start August 2024. Position reports to the Management Department Chair and serves as a member of the Healthcare Management Curriculum Committee. Primary Responsibilities
- Teaching load is 4 courses at the graduate and undergraduate level (12 credits) per semester for tenure track and 5 courses at the graduate and undergraduate level (15 credits) per semester for non-tenure track. Teaching is done using in-person, Zoom, and on-line instructional formats
- Support involvement in student internships and collaboration with participating health facilities
- Foster engagement with student research projects and publication opportunities
- Assist with curriculum development, assessment monitoring, and on-going certification and accreditation criteria compliance
- Advise majors in healthcare management programs and within the college as needed and hold regular on-campus office hours
- Participate in department, college, university, and professional service in accordance with tenure-and-promotion guidelines
- Produce scholarly works aligned with departmental and institutional standards (for tenure track only)
As a public regional university with a graduate mission,
- Educational requirements differ for the assistant professor (tenure track) and instructor (non-tenure track) positions.
- Doctoral degree or ABD in healthcare administration, public health, health economics or a closely related discipline at the time of appointment for tenure track. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Master's degree in healthcare administration, public health, health economics, business administration or a closely related discipline with significant work experience in the healthcare industry. (Degree must be from a regionally accredited or internationally accredited/government certified university.)
- Demonstrated ability to deliver highly effective teaching for a variety of courses in the management of healthcare either face to face or through technology. Healthcare industry experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to advise and mentor students
- Demonstrated commitment to collegiality when interacting with others within the University community
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with external constituencies
- Evidence of effective communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- Demonstrated ability to produce quality peer-reviewed research related to healthcare management (for tenure track only)
university seeks candidates with a commitment to excellent undergraduate and graduate education and student success within the framework of the teacher-scholar model. Applications of instructional technology and pedagogical research are supported by the Center for Teaching and Learning and the Office of Online Learning. Successful candidates will contribute to the development of innovative curricula and delivery strategies, including traditional, blended, and online formats, and participate in initiatives promoting student success, retention, and degree completion.Required Information & Deadline Application Deadline:
The position is available August 2024
and will remain open until filled. For full consideration, applications must be received by August 18, 2023.To Apply:
Submit the following online by clicking on the APPLY
button at the top of the page:
Additional Information About Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO):
- Cover letter of interest addressing required position qualifications
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Current curriculum vitae
- Unofficial copies of transcripts (official transcripts are required when offer of employment is accepted)
- Names and contact information of three professional references
Founded in 1873 and accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, Southeast Missouri State University provides student-centered education and experiential learning with a foundation of liberal arts and sciences, embracing a tradition of access, exceptional teaching and commitment to student success that significantly contributes to the development of the region and beyond. SEMO values access to high quality, affordable education with a broadly representative student body, faculty and staff that respects and celebrates a diverse learning community in a global society.
SEMO Fact Book: Institutional Research Factbook | SEMO
SEMO Strategic Action Plan: Strategic Action Plan (semo.edu)Department Information:
The Department of Management has 14 full-time faculty and over 250 majors at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The department offers courses and programs in Aviation Management, Entrepreneurship and Corporate Innovation, Healthcare Management, Hospitality Management, Management including Human Resource Management, and Management Information Systems. In Healthcare Management, the Department of Management offers a BS in Healthcare Management with options in Healthcare Informatics and Healthcare Quality, a BSBA in Healthcare Administration (AACSB accredited), an MS in Healthcare Management, an MBA with a Health Administration track (AACSB accredited), and two graduate certificates with over 130 majors in these programs. The department is part of the Harrison College of Business and Computing which has over 2300 majors at the undergraduate and graduate levels. More information is available at https://semo.edu/colleges-departments/business-computing/management/
.To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/semoedu/jobs/4095478/assistant-professor-or-instructor-management-healthcare-management
Southeast Missouri State University is committed to providing equal employment opportunity and to the principles of affirmative action. In accordance with this commitment, and in compliance with the requirements of applicable laws, it is the policy of the University to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees in its employment practices, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status. The University believes that a diverse University community advances the academic purposes of the University and enhances the working and learning environment.
jeid-55ed5e2f410ccd43b097eef5c5646973Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
How to Apply: Please click the "Apply Now" button below.
Jobs at Southeast Missouri State University. When inquiring or applying for positions at Southeast Missouri State University, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and professional and administrative staff employment opportunities at Southeast Missouri State University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Southeast Missouri State University are posted, job seekers can sign up at new job openings at Southeast Missouri State University