Budget and Finance Business ConsultantPrimary Purpose:
The Budget and Finance Business Consultant serves as the primary liaison with internal and external partners, identifying process improvement opportunities and ensuring that all systems and business practices effectively support the business needs of the Division of Budget and Finance. Cross-collaborating with team members, division leadership and internal end-users, the Budget and Finance Business Consultant strategically aligns available resources and leverage technical systems to create data driven solutions that advance operational effectiveness and help achieve institutional goals.Essential Functions:
- Collaborate with Budget and Finance units to identify process improvement opportunities by identifying best practices, being innovative, and leading using a data-driven approach.
- Create and recommend solutions that utilize data insights and predictive analytics to support strategic division priorities.
- Responsible for strategic design and mapping of business solutions to system/technical requirements.
- Work with Budget and Finance units to create and update reports using data from multiple modules/systems and ensuring data integrity.
- Act as a liaison between Budget and Finance team members and technology developers/ consultants developing common understanding to get solutions in a timely manner.
- Develop and communicate precise technical specifications based on interactions directly with internal and external partners.
- Work effectively and individually with technical and non-technical team members interpreting details and concepts when needed.
- An important and key member of project teams that oversees and has accountability for the successful completion of all aspects of assigned project work and reporting progress and/or risks to division leadership.
- At times will act as a project leader exercising independent judgment, designing timelines, and coordinating key contributors.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (Two (2) years of full-time experience in the same/similar position is equal to one (1) year of completed post-high school education coursework).
- Five (5) years of experience working with business enterprise systems (Banner).
- Five (5) years’ experience using a computerized accounting system.
- Project Management Certificate or three – five (3-5) years project management experience.
- Consultant Certificate or three – five (3-5) years of consultant experience.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field.
- Ten (10) years’ of working experience with business enterprise systems (Banner).
- Ability to learn quickly and think creatively.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to take a leadership role.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional to frequent standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Work is performed during standard business hours. Additional hours may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Some in-state travel is required.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University’s insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring Range:
$66,150.00 - $90,960.00 per year. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26652
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.