Part-Time ABE/HSE InstructorPart-Time ABE/HSE Instructor:
Center for Adult Education, Part-time Non-Credit Instructor Position; Staff Assistant; 420 Common Street, Lawrence; up to 7 hours per week, MCCC/MTA Unit Professional Position.
Northern Essex Community College seeks to fill a part-time ABE/HSE Instructor. The successful candidate will serve the Lawrence campus. The Instructor will work 7 hours per week.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan and facilitate lessons for adults who either lack a high school credential, or have tested below a 12th grade level in reading, language arts, or math using the MA Adult Education Content Standards
- Focus on developing critical thinking skills in addition to reading, writing, science, and social studies knowledge
- Support students' ability to succeed in a high school equivalency exam preparation
- Plan lessons for each class meeting
- Communicate academic material in a positive and appropriate learning environment
- Provide direct instruction, small group and individualized educational activities for students
- Use technology to support instruction virtually and in person
- Communicate with the Program Coordinator for High School Equivalency Programs
- Maintain required paperwork for the class including an online attendance roster, registration forms, and student portfolios
- Master's Degree in Education and or related field
- Experience teaching in a community college setting and workplace settings
- Experience working with and multilevel classes and differentiated instruction
- Experience working at a community college.
- Bilingual (Spanish and English).
Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
$40.00/hour for classroom instruction.
ANTICIPATED START DATE:
- Additional compensation: Two hours of prep per course, per week; Ten hours of professional development per semester; Five hours of meeting time.
- Non-benefited position
Application Instructions:TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover letter, describing your qualifications and experience
Review of applications will begin 5 business days from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
**Please note that finalist candidates will be asked to provide contact information for three (3) professional references.Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Elizabete Trelegan (Assistant Director of Human Resources, B-219,978-556-3928/ email@example.com), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Northern Essex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/cleryTo apply, click HERECopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Northern Essex Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Northern Essex Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northern Essex Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Northern Essex Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Northern Essex Community College.