Part-Time STEM TutorPart-Time STEM Tutor
: SOAR Student Life; Haverhill and Lawrence Campus; 100 Elliott Street Haverhill, MA 01830 and 45 Franklin St Lawrence, MA 01840; up to 15 hours/week
The STEM Tutor will offer direct tutoring services to students in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math. The ideal candidate will have experience with STEM, a recent graduate or working on an associate's degree in a STEM field. This position will provide high quality tutoring for STEM courses at NECC and work with SOAR students one on one and/or in group settings to support their learning at the college. The SOAR STEM Tutor will help provide mentorship and academic tutoring support. Duties may be carried out in-person, at one or more of NECC's locations, or virtually and may include day, evening, or weekend hours.SCHEDULE:
Current Schedule is Monday - Thursday 5:00 pm - 9:00 pmRESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a STEM tutor to a diverse group of community college students.
- Aid students in developing both conceptual and practical approaches, as well as study skills to increase academic development and success.
- Tutor students in academic concepts and/or course material; integrate study and learning strategies to promote independent learning.
- Participate in professional development sessions and program meetings to assist students.
- Act in a professional manner and be sensitive to and respectful of the student's learning and, if appropriate, personal needs.
- Be prepared and on time for each tutoring session, including but not limited to one-to-one, drop-in, group, or virtual tutoring formats.
- Work with the student to develop a tutoring plan that fits the student's individual needs and encourages academic development and success.
- Keep all information on students confidential; adhere to FERPA.
- Follow all departmental procedures and policies; report critical issues to supervisor immediately.
- Refer students to other campus services or resources when appropriate.
- Submit electronic timesheet in Self Service Time & Attendance (SSTA) weekly, or paper timesheet, if required for payroll purposes.
- Demonstrate a sense of professionalism and consistently reflect NECC's core values while interacting with members of the NECC community.
- Apply equity best practices throughout all job functions and work collaboratively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, all required qualifications must be met by date of hire.
- Must have a 3.0 GPA in completed STEM courses and be working to complete a degree in a STEM field.
- Completed CALC 1 and 101 level Sciences
- Eagerness to help NECC students succeed
- Effective communication skills and the ability to explain concepts to others clearly.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 applications and Zoom.
- The ability to work effectively with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff.
- As of January 3, 2022, the 15 Massachusetts Community Colleges, including NECC, require all employees to comply with the COVID-19 vaccination policy. Details of how to fulfill vaccine record requirements or to apply for a reasonable accommodation will be provided during the onboarding process.
- Preferred qualifications have completed Associates in STEM field with a minimum 3.0 GPA in completed STEM courses
- Professional experience supporting students, teaching, or working in a higher-education environment.
- Community college tutoring or teaching experience.
- Strong knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok and emerging platforms a plus.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse population
Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
$20.00/hour, Non-benefited position
Application Instructions:TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
- Cover letter, describing your qualifications and experience
Review of applications will begin 5 business days from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
**Please note that finalist candidates will be asked to provide contact information for three (3) professional references.Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Elizabete Trelegan (Assistant Director of Human Resources, B-219,978-556-3928/ firstname.lastname@example.org), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Northern Essex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/cleryTo apply, click HERECopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Northern Essex Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Northern Essex Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northern Essex Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Northern Essex Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Northern Essex Community College.