Part-Time American Sign Language (ASL) Tutors, Massachusetts Family Sign Language ProgramPART-TIME AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE (ASL) TUTORS
- Massachusetts Family Sign Language Program, Gallaudet University Regional Center (GURC) at Northern Essex Community College; Anticipated start date: Immediately, as neededASL version of the job announcement
: The Gallaudet University Regional Center seeks tutors across Massachusetts to provide in-home ASL instruction for family members who have a child aged 0-3 who is deaf or hard of hearing. Classes are held weekly in two (2) ten (10) week segments, totaling twenty (20) classes per family.Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provision of in-home instruction for family members, including extended family when appropriate
- Knowledge of Deaf Culture and resources for families in the Deaf community
- Ability to follow the FSLP Curriculum and utilize familiar objects/events in the child's natural environment as tools for teaching communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to prepare for classes
- Completion of required paperwork in a timely manner
- Native-level fluency in American Sign Language
- Experience teaching American Sign Language
- Flexible schedule to accommodate families' schedules
- Demonstrated knowledge of Deaf Culture and of resources available to families in the community
- Demonstrated high standards of professional conduct, ethics, confidentiality, and neutrality
- Demonstrated organization skills and good judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid driver's license and access to a reliable motor vehicle, or access to public transportation
- Willingness to participate in training sessions as appropriate
- Criminal Offenders Registry and Sex Offender Registry (CORI/SORI) background checks are required
- Educational background in child development, deaf culture, linguistics or other applicable field
- Experience working with families in a professional capacity
- Experience working with young deaf children
Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
Commensurate with experience and educational background. Mileage reimbursement is provided.
Application Instructions:TO APPLY
: To be considered for this position click on the "Apply Now" button, you will be prompted to setup a new account or login to an existing account. You will be able to upload the following required documents for consideration:
Review of applications will begin 5 business days from the posting date and will continue until the position is filled.
**Please note that finalist candidates will be asked to provide contact information for three (3) professional references.Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, Elizabete Trelegan (Assistant Director of Human Resources, B-219,978-556-3928/ firstname.lastname@example.org), the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. Northern Essex Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer. Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/cleryTo apply, click HERECopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at Northern Essex Community College.
When inquiring or applying for positions at Northern Essex Community College, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Northern Essex Community College and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at Northern Essex Community College are posted, please sign up at new job openings at Northern Essex Community College.