Institutional Equity & Compliance Investigator (Administrator I), Institutional Equity & Compliance
California State University, San BernardinoJob No:
MPP, At-Will, Compliance/Legal, Full Time, On-site (work in-person at business location)Job Summary:
Under the general supervision of the Executive and Associate Director of Institutional Equity & Compliance, the Equity & Compliance Investigator is responsible for receiving, processing and investigating complaints involving Title IX, DHR, ADA, and Whistleblower policy (collectively Equity).Major duties and responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications:Required Education and Experience
- The incumbent conducts investigations, interviews, document review, research, evidence analysis, and writes investigative reports pursuant to requirements set forth in California State University (CSU) Executive Orders and Federal and State law;
- Will facilitate formal and informal resolution of complaints; prepares and writes responses to complaints and inquiries from external agencies.
- The Investigator must exercise independent judgment during the informal resolution, and formal investigations and when generating strategies and/or recommendations for the appropriate resolution of those complaints.
- Incumbent must provide impartial consultation, conflict resolution and problem solving in response to complaints and inquiries received from members of the campus community and university constituents, including students, faculty, staff, and university affiliate/visitors/third parties.
- Must establish timely communication with all parties ensure that all parties are advised of their rights throughout the process.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality and privacy on all office and investigation proceedings.
- The Investigator must possess the ability to exercise independent judgment, to assess and negotiate complex and highly sensitive situations, maintain confidentiality, be discrete, and demonstrate neutrality in the face of resistance, indifference or hostility; makes recommendations to the Director of Title IX & Gender Equity regarding continuous quality improvement in unit investigation operations;
- Incumbent must possess knowledge of all appropriate legal statutes, collective bargaining agreements, CSU Policies and ensure that CSUSB complies with all.
- Incumbent must work collaboratively with key partners in the University community to investigate and resolve complaints filed under Title IX, including but not limited to, the Office of General Counsel, Office of the Provost, Office of Student Conduct and Ethical Development, and the University Police Department.
- Incumbent must keep apprised of new developments and best practices in the fields of Title IX investigations, Title IX, the Clery Act, and other relevant federal and state legislation and regulations.
- Incumbent will conduct trainings for prevention of discrimination, harassment and retaliation, including the dissemination of information and materials relative to Title IX/VAWA.
- The Investigator will also represent the Title IX office on various projects, committees, and at events.
- This position will assist in the facilitation of in-person trainings for campus constituencies. Promotes and assists in the development of prevention and awareness initiatives such as bystander intervention programming.
- The Investigator will also be the liaison between the campus and the vendor for online training of students, and other duties as needed.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in a related field and three years of related experience required.
- Excellent writing and research skills and the ability to generate concise, logical, and grammatically correct analytical reports that convey complex and sensitive issues. Ability to read and interpret complex legal documents such as court opinions, laws, and federal regulations to evaluate their impact on University policies and procedures. Working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to compliance with nondiscrimination laws, including but not limited to FEHA, the Americans with Disabilities Act, FERPA, Title VII and Title IX. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with administrators, staff, faculty, students and community partners.
- Demonstrated assessment, investigation, and resolution of concerns and complaints including conflict resolution, problem solving techniques, complaint screening, interviewing, consultation and advice, and conducting investigations. The ability to exercise independent judgment, to assess and negotiate complex, highly sensitive situations, including the ability to maintain confidentiality, be discrete, and maintain neutrality in the face of indifference or hostility. Demonstrated skill and sensitivity interacting with various ethnic, social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds to identify, investigate and facilitate problem resolution. Must be committed to principles of due process, fairness, and respect.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Experience working in higher education preferred.
Anticipated hiring range: $5,833 - $7,291 per month
Classification Salary Range: $3,750 - $11,146 per month
The salary offered will take into account internal equity and experience among other factors.
The CSU system provides a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental and vision plans, membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS), sick and vacation time, and 14 paid holidays a year. Eligible employees are also able to participate in the fee waiver education program. A summary of benefit information can be found here
Work status: Full-time/Exempt/At-Will
Academic year schedule: Monday through Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm), some evenings/weekends.
Summer schedule: Monday through Thursday (7:00 am - 5:30 pm), some evenings/weekends.
First considerations will be given to candidates who apply by October 20, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled; however, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
This is a full-time management (MPP) position. MPP employees serve at the pleasure of the campus President. MPPs do not serve a probationary period and never receive permanent status.
As of January 1, 2022, the CSU Out-of-State Employment Policy prohibits the hiring of employees to perform CSU-related work outside the state of California.
California State University, San Bernardino in not a sponsoring agency for staff or management positions (i.e. H1-B Visas). Conditions of Employment Background Check
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. CSU will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.Mandated Reporter
The person holding this position is considered a `mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.I-9
CSUSB hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. See Form I-9 Acceptable Documents at https://www.uscis.gov/i-9-central/form-i-9-acceptable-documents
.Statement of Commitment to Diversity
In our commitment to the furthering of knowledge and fulfilling our educational mission, California State University, San Bernardino seeks a campus climate that welcomes, celebrates, and promotes respect for the entire variety of human experience. We welcome people from all backgrounds, and we seek to include knowledge and values from many cultures in the curriculum and extra-curricular life of the campus community. We will create, promote, and maintain activities and programs that further our understanding of individual and group diversity. We will also develop and communicate policies and promote values that discourage intolerance and discrimination.
California State University, San Bernardino is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, hire, train, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, caste, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, protected military or veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. This position adheres to CSU policies against Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment, and Sexual Violence, including Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, and Stalking. This requires completion of Sexual Violence Prevention Training within 6 months of assuming employment and on a two-year basis thereafter. (Executive Order 1096) For more information about Diversity & Inclusion at CSUSB, please visit https://www.csusb.edu/human-resources/diversity-inclusionClosing Statement:Reasonable Accommodation
We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact Nora Jean Fernandez, ADA Manager at Nora.Fernandez@csusb.edu
CSUSB is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. See policy at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/6591951/latest/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal State San Bernardino Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.csusb.edu/clery-actTo view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.eduCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at California State University, San Bernardino.
When inquiring or applying for positions at California State University, San Bernardino, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at California State University, San Bernardino and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at California State University, San Bernardino are posted, please sign up at new job openings at California State University, San Bernardino.