Operations Manager/HEP (UEC)
California State University, San BernardinoJob No:
Excluded, Administrative, At-Will, Temporary, Full Time, On-site (work in-person at business location) About University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB(This is not a state position)
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB ("UEC") supports the university's educational mission by providing quality services that complement the instructional program. The University depends upon UEC to provide services that cannot be supported with state funds. We're responsible for business enterprises on campus including, but not limited to, dining, bookstore, convenience store, and vending services. We also serve as the grantee for federal, state, and local funding for research and sponsored projects.Position Summary
Temporary, Exempt Full Time, benefited position through 6/30/2024 (Appointment may be renewed annually based upon availability of funds, availability of work and satisfactory job performance). Salary:
$5,500.00 per monthLocation:
Palm Desert Program Summary:
The High School Equivalency Program (HEP) helps migratory and seasonal farmworkers (or children of such workers) who are 16 years of age or older and not currently enrolled in school to obtain the equivalent of a high school diploma and, subsequently, to gain employment or begin postsecondary education or training. CSUSB HEP offers participants high school equivalency test prep in Spanish and English, test registration and support, and resources to remove barriers for participants such as child care, transportation, and technology. The program also provides exposure to post-secondary pathways, support with applications and financial aid, job search assistance, and advising. Work Schedule
Exempt. 40 hours per week. Schedule to be arranged, but typically, Monday-Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm though some nights, weekend work may be required. First Review Deadline
This position will remain open until filled. Typical Activities
Under minimal supervision of the Director of CAMP and HEP, the Operations Manager will work independently to:
Responsible for planning and implementing all aspects of the HEP Program's required and permissible services.
Work with on and off campus partners to develop and deliver an academic calendar of participant programming.
Coordinate services with external grant partners to reduce duplication of effort and ensure maximum support.
Coordinates student testing
Oversees resource allocation such as needs for child care, meal reimbursements, transportation, technology, etc.
Ensures all logistics including staff, space, parking, materials, rosters, etc., are in place prior to the start of each cohort.
Serve as liaison to sub-grantee to ensure that all scholars are receiving consistent coaching, advising, enrollment reviews, and progress reporting.
Provides monthly reports to Director and other stakeholders that highlights scholar progress.
Develop and maintain a CSUSB HEP Alumni network.
Maintain contact and track scholar progress from enrollment through graduation and beyond.
Support the completion of the interim, annual, and other reports, as required.
Participate in recruitment events.
Research, plan and deliver workshops, academic support sessions, cultural trips, college tours, and a residential summer program.
On-site Manager responsible for chaperoning on and off campus trips and residential summer program, requiring overnight stays, as needed.
Ensure that all data is up to date and accurate in the student data management system.
Provide oversight, evaluation and guidance to peer mentors, student assistants and volunteers.
Participation in community, institution, and other related events to publicize and recruit potential HEP scholars.
Actively participates in staff meetings, retreats, and professional development conferences;
Assists with the development of pre-college, summer bridge and first year curricula;
Assists with the development, hiring and oversight of staff and programming for academic year and summer programs;
Stays up to date on trends and processes in higher education, financial aid, and
Travel throughout San Bernardino, Riverside and partnering Counties required;
Performs other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
- Education: Bachelor's Degree Required.
- Minimum of four year of experience in pre-college, higher education or other outreach programs.
- Experience understanding and interpreting the needs of economically disadvantaged, first-generation and ethnically diverse/multicultural student groups is required.
- Knowledge of community college and university admission regulations and procedures. Including, but not limited to: ability to interpret CSU A-G subject requirements, interpret high school/college transcripts, calculate grade point averages, and understand university admissions test
- Experience conducting outreach/recruitment and admission presentations and workshops at a college/university or similar setting is highly preferred.
- California driver's license and proof of insurance
- Bilingual in both English and Spanish and possess strong communication and presenting skills in both languages is required.
- Must possess strong knowledge of office procedures, methods, and practices and be detail oriented. Possess strong computer skills (Access Database, PPT, Outlook, MS Word, and Excel).
- Demonstrate the ability to write concise and well-written case notes, reports, summaries.
- Must foster a positive team environment.
- Ability to work with people with different workstyles to accomplish tasks and function well under pressure is essential.
- High degree of initiative and ability to work without constant supervision is required.
- Must be able to anticipate and adapt quickly to program and student needs to fulfill program objectives. Ability to multitask and produce high-quality results in a high-paced work environment is required. Some travel, evening and weekend work is required.
- Master's Degree Preferred
- CAMP/HEP Experience Preferred
- Experience working with migrant youth is highly desirable.
- Experience working with adult learners
- Prior experience in providing academic advising and coaching
- Personal experience overcoming barriers similar to those of the participants served by the CAMP Program is highly desired.
- Experience in assisting high school students with CSU application process is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of the financial aid application (FAFSA) process and CSUSN financial aid award process is highly desirable.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Flex Cash option
- CalPERS Retirement and CalPers 457
- Group Term Life/ Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Holidays & Personal Holiday
- Vacation and Sick pay accruals
- Educational Assistance Benefit is based on availability of funding.
- Workers' Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, State Disability Insurance
University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB is committed to a diverse workforce and affirmative action, and is an equal opportunity employer. UEC maintains and promotes a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment on the basis of race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic characteristics, status as a disabled veteran, or disabled veteran of the Vietnam era.
To view the UEC Affirmative Action Program, please contact UEC Human Resources at (909) 537-7589 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 5:00pm.
As an equal opportunity employer, University Enterprises Corporation at CSUSB (UEC) is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access UEC's career website as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling UEC's Human Resources Manager at 909-537-7589.EEO AA Policy Statement Employment of Individuals with Disabilities and Protected VeteransSupplemental Information
UEC is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Veterans. This position will remain open until filled. This has been designated as a sensitive position. The selected candidate must successfully pass a thorough background investigation to include a criminal history check prior to appointment.To view full description and to apply, visit: https://www.csusb.eduCopyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency