Prairie View A&M UniversityAssistant or Associate Professor (Nursing)Job Title
Assistant or Associate Professor (Nursing)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
College Of Nursing ClinicalProposed Minimum Salary
Houston, TexasJob Type
This position, under the general supervision and direction of the Graduate Program Director and Dean of the College of Nursing, will serve as a Program Coordinator for the DNP Program and as a faculty member at the College of Nursing. Primary duties include, but are not limited to, managing the DNP program and administration of instruction in the didactic and clinical application of the nursing curriculum. The position is a 12-month full-time tenure-track position and requires travel between campuses.Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Collaborate with the College of Nursing (CON) administrators, graduate director, and faculty regarding the review, modification, enhancement, marketing of the Program.
- Serve as a member of the Faculty Organization and standing committees.
- Generate data for program assessment, evaluation, and accreditation. Monitor courses to ensure that the content is consistent with the CON curriculum.
- Submit end-of-semester and annual reports on outcomes (program and student) and student performance. Evaluate program faculty.
- Complete other assignments as requested by the Dean or Program Director.
- Administration of instruction in the didactic and clinical application of the graduate nursing curriculum in the area of specialization; facilitate and evaluate student learning outcomes in didactic and clinical courses.
- Apply theory, science and scholarly inquiry in evidence-based nursing practice and education to instruction. Use research findings relevant to nursing, up-to-date teaching strategies and other discipline-specific areas in teaching and scholarly activities.
- Manage test construction and measurement in accordance with the Test System and course management system.
- Assume a leadership role in planning, implementing and evaluation of assigned courses.
- Demonstrate service through participation in university, college, and community activities in support of program effectiveness (e.g., recruitment, academic advising, and assessment); professional development; active membership in nursing, health or other related organizations.
- Serves as advisor/mentor to students.
- Publish in peer-reviewed journals; author books.
- Submit grants for internal or external funding.
- Serve as project director.
- Assume leadership in planning and/or implementing special projects.
- Direct thesis, professional papers, and dissertations.
- Serve as a mentor for junior faculty.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science and Master's Degree in Nursing
- Doctorate in Nursing or doctorate equivalent in a related field
- Current unencumbered licensure or eligible for licensure as a registered nurse in the State of Texas
- APRN recognition as a family nurse practitioner
- Demonstrated leadership and scholarship in nursing education
- Evidence of teaching mastery in the graduate program
- Current performance in the scholarship of nursing (i.e. publications, grants)
Job Posting Close Date: Required Attachments:
- Experience as a family nurse practitioner
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
Application Submission Guidelines:
- Cover Letter (includes a summary of qualifications specific to this position)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above-Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or email@example.com
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Houston-PVAMU/Assistant-or-Associate-Professor--Nursing-_R-022283About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com