Prairie View A&M UniversityChief Scientist & Executive Professor (Integrated Food Security Center)Job Title
Chief Scientist & Executive Professor (Integrated Food Security Center)Agency
Prairie View A&M UniversityDepartment
Integrated Food Security CenterProposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, TexasJob Type
The Chief Scientist & Executive Professor for the Integrated Food Security Center will lead and administer research efforts for the new Chancellor's Research Initiative (CRI), obtain competitive grant funding, lead efforts to expand partnerships both internally and externally, conducts high level research, teaches one undergraduate or graduate course per semester, and other duties as assigned. This position is on a grant or restricted funds. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricted funding. “This position is on a grant or restricted funds. Continued employment is contingent on the renewal of grant or restricted funding.” Responsibilities:
Job Posting Closing Date:Required Education and Experience:
- Leads and administers research efforts by providing long-term planning, scheduling and development for new Chancellor's Research Initiative (CRI)
- Obtains external competitive grant funding to sustain the research program in the Integrated Food Security Center
- Identifies interdisciplinary and multi-institutional teams to target specific request for applications (RFAs)
- Leads efforts to expand partnerships both internally and externally
- Conducts high quality research and disseminates the results of research in publications and presentations
- Teaches one undergraduate or graduate course per semester when needed
- Performs other duties as deemed necessary to include engaging in service related activities and serving on Departmental, Division or University committees appropriate to interests, responsibilities and organizational mission.
- Ph.D. in Agricultural-Based Discipline, such as Animal Science, Plant Science, Food Science, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Nutrition, etc.
- Strong record of securing and managing competitive external grant funding from USDA, NSF, NIH, DOD, USAID, and other funding agencies.
- A research publication record spanning a minimum of 15 years in Agricultural or related areas consistent with an appointment as full professor.
Required Attachments:Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional. Cover Letter Resume or Curriculum VitaeApplication Submission Guidelines:
- Administrative experience leading a department, college, and or research center
- Proven track record in publishing research focused on Food Security
- Experience conducting research in the southern region of the United States
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or firstname.lastname@example.org
should you need assistance with the online application process.Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution's verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution's procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.To apply, visit https://tamus.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/PVAMU_External/job/Prairie-View-PVAMU/Chief-Scientist---Executive-Professor--Integrated-Food-Security-Center-_R-025675-1About Us
For more than 140 years, Prairie View A&M University (PVAMU) has been igniting passion in its students. With an established reputation for producing engineers, nurses and educators, PVAMU offers baccalaureate degrees, master’s degrees and doctoral degree programs through nine colleges and schools. The University has an enrollment of more than 8,500 students. Designated an institution of “the first class” in the Texas Constitution, PVAMU is the second-oldest public institution of higher education in the state and a member of The Texas A&M University System. The University is dedicated to fulfilling its land-grant mission of achieving excellence in teaching, research and service.
PVAMU is conveniently located near the rapidly growing residential and commercial area known as the Northwest Houston Corridor. The developing Northwest Houston Corridor offers newly developed suburban communities, a variety of shopping and dining near the Houston Premium Outlets and is a short, 35-minute commute into downtown Houston. For more information, visit www.pvamu.edu. Your career opportunities with a “University of the first class” begins here!
Prairie View A&M University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.
If you need assistance in applying for this job, please contact (936) 261-1730.Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
When inquiring or applying for this job opening, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at Prairie View A&M University and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com