OTD Graduate Tutor (Temporary)Primary Purpose:
The OTD Graduate Tutor is a temporary, part-time position which includes the
option of evening and weekend work. OTD Graduate Tutors are scheduled for slots on a first come, first-serve basis according to Program needs and date and times they are available to work. There is no minimum or maximum number of hours per semester, in which a OTD Graduate Tutor must and/or will be scheduled work. OTD Graduate Tutor positions are for one academic year and may be renewed annually.Essential Functions:
- Interact with Assigned OTD student.
- Provide appropriate feedback to student.
- Follow all written and oral directions provided by the Occupational Therapy Program.
- Organize, distribute and collect all materials as directed by the Occupational Therapy Program.
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity of course materials, exam materials, and exam procedures.
- Maintain a professional and pleasant atmosphere to create an environment for optimal performance for all students.
- Academic Support: Work closely with OTD students to provide individualized academic assistance, addressing their learning needs, clarifying course content, and promoting effective study strategies.
- Mentorship: Foster a supportive and collaborative environment by offering mentorship to students, helping them navigate their academic journey, set goals, and make informed decisions about their studies.
- Feedback and Evaluation: Provide constructive feedback on assignments, projects, and presentations to help students improve their skills, critical thinking abilities, and overall academic performance. (This does not include provide answers or being an editor for the students work).
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision- making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Master Degree in occupational therapy.
- Teaching, mentoring, or tutoring experience, preferably with graduate-level students.
- In-depth knowledge of occupational therapy principles, theories, and practices.
- Provide excellent, professional skills and possess strong people
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing and follow written instructions.
- Work in a team atmosphere with frequent interruptions. Work effectively with a diverse population.
- Uphold the confidentiality and integrity of all exams. Comfortable with dealing with difficult situations.
- Ability to be reliable, on time and dependable. Intermediate computer skills.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those thatmust be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Lifting of materials of twenty five pounds (25lbs) or less. Bending, stretching, reaching required. Sitting for long periods of time.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:Work is primarily performed in a classroom or individual exam room setting. Work is performed during standard business hours as well as evenings and Saturdays, according to exam schedules for the semester.Hiring Range:
$20.00 - $25.00 per hour. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26563
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.