Gift Processing AssociatePrimary Purpose:
The Gift Processing Associate performs a wide range of complex accounting functions involved in gift processing and the maintenance of financial records. In addition to processing donations, the Associate will also update constituent biographical information during batch gift processing and as needed.Essential Functions:
- Prepares and reviews accounting transactions and maintains financial and accounting records; processes gifts to the University (money, securities, pledges, and in-kind materials) including low and high dollar gift revenue conducts accurate data entry of complex gift transactions:
- Researches gifts, enter donations, and proofs entries.
- Deposits checks using an electronic check deposit system and reconciles check deposits with database entry.
- Processes donor credit/debit cards, bank/wire deposits, stock transfers, in-kind and online gifts.
- Processes tribute and memorial gifts received through online and offline channels.
- Securely imports and exports data related to revenue transactions.
- Works with outside vendors to ensure all files received from processing centers or programs are accurate and resolves any issues or inaccuracies.
- Manages, records, routes, and stores gift documentation as needed.
- Ensures that gift processing and donor information is handled securely.
- Establishes new gift accounts aligned to financial records and endowments.
- Processes revenue associated with gifts and ensures that gift coding and check deposit follow Pacific gift accounting and IRS standards; determines designation and account number for each gift to the University; records and tracks solicitation codes as appropriate.
- Ensures that the coding of gifts is compatible with the acknowledgment process, and monitors gifts for any special acknowledgment handling. Assists with sustaining gift coding setup and processing.
- Works with financial reporting to reconcile fundraising totals and finance deposits.
- Answers complex questions related to gift processing, financial, and gift accounting systems.
- Analyzes, and prepares reports, and statements for management review.
- Establishes and maintains effective relations with those who contact Advancement Services; Interact with Development staff as necessary to facilitate proper gift entry and donor acknowledgment.
- Processes donor biographical information via batch processes.
- Completes regularly scheduled data validation and hygiene routines to ensure data integrity.
- Uses strong data entry and data data proofing skills.
- Uses skills in personal computer and computer software programs and MS Office Suite, email, and database programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Forty-eight (48) units of completed post-high school education coursework (Two (2) years of full-time experience in the same/similar position is equal to one (1) year of completed post-high school education coursework).
- Two (2) years of work experience.
- Solid working knowledge of accounts payable, accounts & notes receivable, accounting procedures and auditing, financial analysis, and reporting.
- Relevant work experience in a fast-paced data processing role.
- Background in gift processing or non-profit accounting procedures and IRS regulations.
- Experience working with a donor database or integrated enterprise business platform, preferably Banner.
- Ability to follow detailed procedures for processing constituent and financial data with a high level of accuracy.
- Well-organized and attentive to detail in a timely manner for task completion.
- Ability to quickly and accurately process donations through batch entry.
- Ability to upload gift documentation via a document management system
- Awareness of laws and regulations related to philanthropic gift standards.
- Positive attitude, proven ability to work successfully with diverse populations, and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to be flexible in working independently as well as collaboratively with others to achieve defined goals.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to anticipate problems and suggest necessary action to eliminate or mitigate potential negative effects.
- Resourcefulness in finding appropriate solutions to problems and demonstrated initiative in presenting alternatives and implementing solutions to ensure effective change.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work performed in a typical office environment. Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using a computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing, and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift up to 25 lbs.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work is frequently performed in a standard office environment with the use of a computer and phone. Work performed during standard business hours. Must be prepared to occasionally work non-business hours and/or weekends.Hiring Range:
$18.09 - $23.96 per hour. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26549
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.