Clinical Assistant/Associate ProfessorPrimary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The Department of Preventive and Restorative is responsible for providing the preventive and restorative preclinical and clinical content within the dental school pre-doctoral and international dental studies curricula including preventive and minimally invasive dentistry, direct restoration
(operative), indirect restoration (fixed), removable prosthodontic and implant restoration care, using the latest techniques, modern concepts and technology.
Pacific faculty engage in teaching, clinical activities, scholarship and service. The successful candidate will oversee didactic, simulated and clinical student learning experiences in the discipline.
1. Deliver lectures, seminars, preclinical simulation laboratory teaching, clinical teaching, and computer-based individualized instruction to support the Preventive and Restorative Department's pre-clinical and clinical courses, in both the predoctoral and international dental studies students.
II. Curriculum design and course directorship
Become a course director, design, lead and manage courses.
1. Contribute to curriculum design including integration with the various Helix strands.
2. Utilize outcomes assessment, including student and peer evaluation, to improve curricular
content and presentation.
3. Assist in setting standards of care for our Dugoni School of Dentistry student clinic.
III. Patient Care
1. Work in the Dugoni School of Dentistry clinics supervising student care of patients.
2. Assist in the calibration and development of faculty both in the pre-clinical and
III. Research/Scholarship appropriate for promotion eligibility
1. Build research endeavors in which you are genuinely interested.
2. Demonstrate effort in scholarly publications and presentations.
3. Take part in clinical Research projects, sample collection and other scholarly
IV. Collaboration and Service
1. Engage broadly in other school, university, professional, and community service opportunities.
2. In addition to the traditional expectations for faculty members, the culture of humanism and collaboration at the Arthur A. Dugoni School of Dentistry is especially important.
3. Engage in National and International collaborations and activities.Minimum Qualifications:Knowledge of:
• Dental school educational processes.
• Prosthodontic and restorative didactic information and techniques.
• Dental materials and emerging digital applications to clinical restorative treatment.Ability to:
• Produce professional written reports and correspondence.Experience:
• Minimum two years experience in an accredited dental school• Minimum 5 years private practice experience.
• Clinical experience in all Restorative and Prosthodontic clinical procedures, in particular
• DDS/DMD or international equivalent.
• Valid CPR certification.
• Board certified/board eligible in Prosthodontics in California, or interest and previous experience in Prosthodontics with substantial experience and expertise in Removable Prosthodontics.Working Conditions:
• Position is full-time, 4 days per week, Mondays-Thursdays negotiable.
• Requires attendance to weekend/evening events and meetings.Preferred Qualifications:Ability to:
• Communicate effectively with a diverse population of patients, students, staff, faculty, and
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Work effectively in a group setting.
• Provide effective student and peer calibration and development.
• Maintain confidentiality of information.
• Demonstrate professional judgment in all situations.
• Effectively manage projects and deadlines.Experience:
• Five years concurrent experience of dental private practice desired
• Experience as specialist in Prosthodontist in Private practice or special interest, experience in Removable Prosthodontics.Other:
• Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
• Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university
• Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their
The ideal candidate will role model for faculty and students with regard to: (a) scholarship and
clinical skill, (b) commitment to the profession, © personal responsibility and habits, (d)
continuous growth, (e) humanistic respect for dignity of others, (f) school policy (g) Actively
participate in local, regional, and national organizations and networks (h)Attend and support
school and university meetings and events.Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be
met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
GENERAL: Faculty should have sufficient motor function to execute movements essential to
providing oral health care to patients.
SPECIFIC: Must possess the motor skills to perform palpation, percussion, auscultation and
other diagnostic maneuvers, basic laboratory tests, dental preparations, and diagnostic
procedures in a timely manner. Such actions require coordination of gross and fine muscular
movements, equilibrium, and functional uses of the senses of touch and vision.
SPECIFIC: Must be able to perform basic life support including CPR, transfer, and position
patients with disabilities, physically restrain adults and children who lack motor control, and
position and reposition himself or herself around the patient and chair in sitting and standing
positions for prolonged periods of time. A student must promote and support the ability of
coworkers to perform prompt care. Must be able to operate controls, use high-speed or low-speed
dental handpieces for tooth preparation procedures, and use hand instrumentation including
scalpels for surgical procedures. All these skills must be performed within reasonable time
Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens may reasonably be anticipated. Personal
protective equipment is expected to reduce or eliminate exposure to routine or limited infectious
agents.Special Instructions:To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26540
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency