Sterilization/Dispensing TechnicianPrimary Purpose:
Under the immediate supervision of the Sterilization and Dispensing Manager, performs duties related to infection control and the sterilization and dispensing areas.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Essential Functions:
Minimum Qualifications:Knowledge of:
- Process used dental instruments and equipment to include receiving, cleaning, wrapping, and sterilization of semi-critical and critical items; disinfect non-critical portable dental equipment; inspect contents of all instrument cassettes and packages for completeness and damage; replace as needed.
- Operate and assist in the maintenance of washing and cleaning sterilization machines in central sterilization, including weekly biological testing of all autoclaves.
- Prepare pre-packaged disposable items; dispense instrument cassettes and dental materials/equipment according to established procedures.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of borrowed and returned cassettes, materials, and equipment; maintain security of all inventory according to established procedures.
- Understand and properly employ the electronic tracking system using bar coding, scanners, and reports provided by tracking software.
- Order supplies for dispensing windows; restock inventory as needed; track inventory in the dispensary and storage lockers.
- Maintain a neat, clean and orderly sterilization room and dispensing area according to established standards.
- Monitor adherence to infection control policies and procedures among clinic students, residents and faculty.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Sterilization and Dispensing Manager.
- Sterilization techniques.
- Dental instruments/materials and their use.
- Dental terminology and procedures.
- Infection control protocol and requirements.
- Index and alphabetize accurately.
- Recognize and set-up dental instruments.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a dental/medical setting.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Certification in Central Sterilization required or obtain within 12 months of employment
- Position is full-time, seven and one half (7.5) hours per day, five (5) days per week. Incumbent must be available to work varying shifts to include evenings.
- Occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens may reasonably be anticipated. Personal protective equipment will be provided to reduce or eliminate exposure to routine or limited infectious agents.
- Previous experience in a hospital or health care delivery system is highly desirable.
- Communicate effectively with faculty, staff, students, and patients.
- Maintain a professional demeanor at all times.
- Effectively provide assistance to staff and students.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Requires standing during the majority of working hours.
- Requires lifting of instrument baskets in and out of autoclave machine and lifting boxes of gloves and dental materials up to 40 lbs.
- Requires moving large mobile carts through clinic areas and into/out of elevators.
30.88 per hourBackground Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26538
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.