Visiting Instructor/Lecturer LLC Education Programs (Temporary Employee Pool)Primary Purpose and Essential Functions:
The University of the Pacific, Benerd College seeks instructors to teach in person and/or online classes on a part-time basis to students in our Learning, Leadership & Change Programs - Leading for Social Justice (MA) and Transformative Action In Education (EdD). Our current part-time faculty are drawn from regional expertise in teaching and leadership, and offer a wealth of practitioner-based expertise to our students.
Visiting Instructors/Lecturers are part-time, non-tenure-track employees, contracted via mutually-signed offer letters, to teach specific classes during specific semesters (specific dates) as outlined in the offer letter. Faculty rank and title are contingent upon the successful candidate's experience and qualifications.
All part-time faculty are expected to perform the following duties:
- Complete all employment documents and any required training, and submit employment documents such as signed offer letters in a timely manner.
- Prepare for your course, including obtaining the approved syllabus, and updating the course schedule, teaching methods, assessments, and assignments as appropriate and required.
- Provide a classroom environment conducive to learning.
- Adhere to all University and College policies.
- Teach the assigned course(s) as published in the Academic schedule and noted in the offer letter, using andragogical (adult learning theory) and other teaching methods fairly and effectively.
- Track student attendance using tools provided.
- Must use the University's LMS (Learning Management System) which is CANVAS, to post syllabus, assignments, reference materials, and to communicate with students.
- Read submitted student work and assessments/exams, and provide written/oral /video comments to students in a timely manner to provide feedback on performance.
- Meet with students during “office hours” to provide individualized direction and assessment of progress, as needed.
- In order to ensure the proper number of teaching hours is completed, work with Administration to schedule “make-up” classes for any canceled classes.
- Grade all mid-term and final examinations/papers, and other assessments as appropriate, and submit those grades per timelines using the MyPacific portal.
- Review student-completed course evaluations conducted online at the end of each semester to analyze student perceptions of your teaching and to provide insight into possible teaching improvements.
- Must hold a graduate degree in a relevant field.
- Relevant professional experiences in educational or other settings as appropriate to the specific course.
- Content and pedagogical knowledge required for the specific course.
- Ability to teach adult learners.
- Experience teaching or working directly with students online.
- Demonstrated commitment to and teaching in diverse settings, as well as working with students from culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
- Prior higher education teaching experience.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Successful applicants must have their own device and reliable internet access. If Instructional delivery is online, the successful applicant is responsible for the appropriate ergonomics of their work environment.
For work primarily performed in a standard classroom environment, this requires extended periods of sitting, standing, bending, stooping, and occasional walking and lifting (max 25 lbs).Special Instructions:
THIS POSTING IS NOT A GUARANTEE OF AN OPEN POSITION. Your application will be active for 90 days. Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and are reviewed by the hiring department as openings become available. To maintain your application within the system, you may need to re-apply.
Applicants must complete all applicable sections of the online application to be considered for a position. Candidates who are called for an interview must notify the Department of Human Resources in writing of any reasonable accommodation needed before the date of the interview.
This Benerd College recruitment is to establish a pool of qualified candidates, from which multiple short-term, temporary appointments may be made for Benerd College programs anticipated for the Spring 2024 term. Applications are accepted continuously.
Note: if a job-specific posting is created and you are interested in that specific position, please apply to that job posting. Submission of materials does not guarantee consideration for future employment in openings of this type since availability can be unpredictable and consideration competitive.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26507
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.