Administrative Assistant III, President's OfficePrimary Purpose:
The President's Office team serves the University and the President in all efforts to achieve the University's mission.
Reporting directly to the Executive Assistant to the President, the President's Office is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant III who is highly adaptable and has a relentless spirit of optimism to serve as a vital member of the team. The Administrative Assistant III will foster a welcoming and inclusive experience while having a professional appearance when interacting with all university constituents. With limited supervision, good judgement and initiative, this position provides timely and exceptional administrative support on a variety of duties that ensure the effective functioning of the President's Office on a day-to-day basis.Essential Functions:
- Friendly and can-do attitude conducting daily operational tasks while collaborating on a wide range of projects and time sensitive assignments.
- Serves as key contact for the office by greeting guests, answering phones and emails, managing requests for information, and determining methods and priority for responding.
- Coordinates and maintains daily activities for the President including office activities and space use and may provide scheduling support for the President and Board of Regents, including in house and external meetings.
- Coordinates office catering requests, and may support other sponsored events, including coordination of invitations and attendee tracking, ensuring things run smoothly.
- Responsible for office supply ordering, inventory management, and basic functioning of the office including maintaining files and records in paper or electronic form.
- Conducts financial tasks and may be responsible for some financial processes including ProCard related duties.
- Serves as back up to the Executive Assistant to the President.
- May process and synthesize documents in preparation for meetings and engagements.
- May coordinate student workers.
- Contributes to the overall success of the President’s Office and the University by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned while contributing to a highly energetic and creative approach to team needs and activities.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- High energy and a indefatigable spirit of optimism.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to interact regularly with the campus community and the public.
- Ability to independently self-mange assignments and handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with constant interruptions, while still being productive.
- A sense of cooperation, cohesiveness, and teamwork.
- A strong sense of professionalism.
- Take initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions.
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate needs and changes, then react with the best interest of the university.
- A keen sense of urgency, while maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and software systems.
- Champion of university diversity efforts.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Two (2) years’ post High School education.
- Two (2) years’ experience in providing senior executive level support.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three (3) years of experience providing senior level administrative support.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, organize resources and establish priorities in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Proven record providing excellent customer service.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated mid-advanced level experience using MS Office suite, including executive level of calendaring in Outlook and SharePoint.
- Experience exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment with use of computer and phone. Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work typically performed during standard business hours. May require occasional evening and weekend hours to complete tasks. Occasional travel may be required. This position will have responsibilities which require travel to all 3 campuses. Office may be located in either Stockton or Sacramento.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring Range:
$20.50- $23.96 per hour. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26513
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.