Facilities and Event Operations (Temporary)Primary Purpose:
Pacific Athletic Facilities and Event Management strives to provide superior customer service to ensure all guests receive a safe and enjoyable experience at the A.G Spanos Center and our surrounding Athletic Facilities. All team members must be dedicated to service and support, while eager to work. All team members will be responsible for set-up, take-down, clean-up and maintenance of special events and/or athletic events. This includes, but is not limited to, equipment and audio/visual set up, custodial work, chairs and tables, staging, etc.Essential Functions:
- Assist in event set up; tables, chairs, floor covers, stage, tents, etc.
- Assist in moving and arranging furniture and equipment as required.
- Perform general janitorial tasks for assigned area: sweep, scrub, mop, and wax floors; clean ceilings, walls, light fixtures, interior glass partitions, and blinds; vacuum rugs and carpets; clean and dust cabinets, furniture and woodwork; empty and clean waste receptacles; polish metal work; turn out lights and lock doors and windows; refill lavatory supply dispensers; clean stairways, elevators, hallways, restrooms, offices, and lobbies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School education, or High School Diploma, or GED.
- Good customer service skills.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds. Bending, stretching, and reaching requires. Must be able to stand/remain at post for long periods of time. Some sitting and climbing, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended time. Possible contact with chemicals, loud noises, and confined spaces.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed during variable hours, nights, and weekends.Hiring Range:
$15.50 - $18.00 per hour. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26340
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.