Athletics Game Day Staff (Temporary)Primary Purpose:
The Athletics Game Day Staff will work with our Athletics Communications team to cover the duties at the table during home game competitions and special events. They will help to cover all aspects of in-game operations and communications. Duties may be wide-ranging but will likely be focused on assisting in game day operations.Essential Functions:
- Assist with setting up the media table for game day. Including but not limited to, running lines for communications, testing equipment, troubleshooting if and when needed.
- Managing game day functions at Media table during the game, such as: score-keeping, game statistics, shot clock, video board and running game sheets to respective members of staff and officials. Different duties may include:
- Scoreboard operator: Responsible for updating the scoreboard throughout the game with time, scores, fouls and other needed information.
- Statistician/Stat Caller: Responsible for calling stats throughout the game and/or inputting stats throughout the game for live stats online, official NCAA and conference stats purposes and for teams and coaches.
- Libero Tracker (specific to Volleyball): Responsible for keeping track on Liberos subbing in and out of volleyball matches.
- Assistant to the Officials: Responsible for assisting officials in possession awareness in basketball and anything else they may need assistance in for other sports.
- Shot clock (specific to Basketball): Responsible for starting and stopping the shot clock.
- Story writer/preparer: Responsible for taking game notes including team and player highlights and stats.
- Will use effective communication skills both writing and speaking, strong people skills, and work in a high energy and fast paced environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- One (1) year of experience scoring and/or stating at a varsity college level, high school, club, professional, or semi-professional game.
- Knowledge of Division I athletics.
- Proficient in all social media platforms.
- Creative and outgoing with ability to improvise.
- Ability and willingness to collaborate with staff.
- Communication/media background.
- Fun and outgoing personality.
- Experience with game day operations of one or more of the following sports; Basketball, Baseball, Softball, Volleyball, Soccer, Tennis, Water Polo, Swimming, Cross-Country/Track, and Golf.
- Experience with Statcrew, Genius, Daktronics or similar game day software.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Heavy lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds. Bending, stretching, and reaching requires. Some sitting and climbing, crouching, kneeling, and standing for extended time. Possible contact with loud noises and confined spaces.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work schedule 10-20 hours per week, evenings, and weekends as home game schedule permits.Hiring Range:
$15.50 - $16.65 per hour. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26322
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.