Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student-Athlete Development/SWAPrimary Purpose:
The Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student-Athlete Development/SWA will lead the Department of Athletics' all NCAA compliance related activities, and efforts to provide services and programs which support and enhance student-athlete development and the student-athlete experience at Pacific. The position has oversight of key administrative areas within the department and serves as the department's primary liaison to multiple campus administrative offices.
Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the position serves as the Senior Women's Administrator (SWA), and is a key member of the Director of Athletics' leadership team in establishing and implementing strategic goals and policies and procedures that achieve the parallel purposes of the development of quality, competitive athletic teams and the support of individual educational goals and the health and wellness of student-athletes.
The Senior Associate Director of Athletics for Compliance and Student-Athlete Development is responsible for the planning and implementation of comprehensive student-athlete services and compliance programs and serving as a sport administrator while also providing leadership and assistance relative to the administration and management of the intercollegiate athletics program.Essential Functions:
- Oversees the compliance and student-athlete services staffs. Supervision of administrative staff includes hiring, training, planning, and performance evaluations.
- Leads and guides student-athlete services, including areas such as academic progress, support, achievement and reporting; leadership and life skills programming; student-athlete orientation; and advising the Pacific Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (PSAAC).
- Oversees the overall quality and comprehensive nature of the Compliance Program for Pacific Athletics including, but not limited to, NCAA and Conference Governance issues, initial/continuing/ transfer eligibility regulations; coordination with Admissions and Registrar’s Office to verify admission, eligibility, and progress towards degree; and rules education and interpretations. Responsible for completing required compliance reviews and audits.
- Serves as the primary sport administrator for assigned sport programs. which includes providing support, guidance, and mentoring; serving as a resource and advocate; being visible and accessible; and facilitating head coach hiring, supervision, and evaluation.
- Research, design, and implement best practices and comprehensive programming to promote student wellbeing and enhance the student-athlete experience and overall culture of the department (academic advising, mentoring programs, orientation planning, student-athlete success, leadership/development programming). This includes developing and maintaining metrics to evaluate and advance the academic success of student-athletes.
- Oversees student-athlete Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL) policies, processes, and procedures; with an emphasis on student-athlete NIL education.
- Manages annual reporting expectations, including athletics and cross-divisional projects such as APR, graduation rates, and other NCAA reporting.
- Investigates potential rules violations and reports findings to the Director of Athletics, conference, and NCAA.
- Responsible for organizing, monitoring, and conducting student-athlete exit interviews and reporting the consolidated findings to the Director of Athletics.
- Serves as the department liaison with the Faculty Athletics Representative and Athletics Advisory Board, providing reports and information as requested, and represents the Department and the Director of Athletics on University committees.
- Serves as the departmental liaison with campus administrative offices including, but not limited to the Office of the Dean of Undergraduate Students, Housing, Registrar’s Office, Financial Aid, Admissions, Student Life, and University Counsel.
- Serves as the department’s NCAA Senior Administrator and Athletics Title IX administrator, for guiding and maintaining equity in all facets of Athletics, overseeing the NCAA sexual violence prevention requirements and education, and working closely with the University’s Title IX Office and the Institutional Office for Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion.
- Generates and manages departmental diversity and inclusion efforts and strategies ensuring that these initiatives are embedded throughout all levels of the department. This includes serving as chair of the department’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee and as the NCAA Athletics Diversity and Inclusion Designee (ADID), working closely providing annual reports on gender equity, diversity, and programming efforts.
- Serves as the liaison with the Office of Student Conduct and manages the departmental judicial process. Monitors and investigates issues and concerns on non-conformance of departmental rules.
- Coordinates the admissions process for prospective student-athletes.
- Responsible for policies and procedures development in coordination with the Director of Athletics, including the Student-Athlete Handbook and departmental educational efforts.
- Represents the University at various University, Conference and NCAA meetings as the Senior Administrator.
- Reviews and nominates student-athletes for academic achievement awards and scholarships, both within the University and externally.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
This position serves as Campus Security Authority (CSA) as outlined by the Clery Act. CSAs have federally mandated responsibilities to report crimes that are reported them.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio-cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Eight (8) years of athletics administrative experience.
- Master’s Degree.
- Demonstrated progressively responsible senior level management experience; skill in functioning collaboratively and effectively as a member of a management team and identifying and resolving organizational problems; experience formulating policy and procedures to support operations.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in the planning, supervision, and management of athletic programs.
- Broad supervisory and managerial experience within an NCAA Division I athletics program including student services, compliance or related areas.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills relative to interacting effectively with students, coaches, staff, parents, and various constituencies within and external to the university.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse populations and demonstrated commitment to promote and enhance diversity and inclusion.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and the application of those regulations and the NCAA Academic Progress Rate (APR).
- Strong writing skills to prepare written reports, publications, correspondence, plans, and proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize responsibilities under the pressure of competing assignments and dynamic deadlines.
- Understanding of and ability to investigate student issues.
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires extended periods of sitting and repetitive hand/wrist motion while using computer keyboard and phone. Occasional standing, walking, walking across campus, climbing stairs, bending, stooping and reaching. Constant verbal and written communication. Occasional lifting/carrying up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment/Work Week/Travel:
Work performed primarily in office environment. Work also performed in sports facilities. Work is performed during standard hours, additional hours may be required to meet business needs or deadlines. Must be prepared to work during non-business hours and weekends. Occasional travel required including conference meetings and limited team travel.
Valid driver’s license required. Incumbent must also be able to meet the University’s fleet rules and be eligible to drive for University business. The University and its insurance carrier reserves the right to exclude applicants based on their driving record.Hiring Range:
$115,000 - $130,000 per year. We consider factors such as, but not limited to, scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate’s qualifications, internal equity, as well as market and organizational considerations when extending an offer.Background Check Statement:
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment are required to execute a release and authorization for a background screening.To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26216
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.