Asst/Assoc Professor of Practice & Program LeadPrimary Purpose and Essential Functions:
We seek a leader with a creative and entrepreneurial spirit to serve a vital role as we fulfill our vision to be a center of innovation and learning in Northern California and beyond. We are searching for a colleague with a deep commitment to engaging students in real-world practice through teaching that challenges dominant norms. We are building a curious, inquiring, and courageous community of practitioners who are committed to revolutionizing learning systems, structures, and cultures.
As one example of that commitment, our faculty members facilitate all courses through an experiential-focused, project-based curriculum. Our master's courses are all centered on culminating projects where students work with clients in real-world settings. We hope to find a colleague who will help us move even further in creating the most transformational and impactful programs possible.
This colleague will serve as program lead for our successful masters program and related certificates in Organizational Innovation and Change. The program is designed to develop students to be creative, flexible, and caring professionals who lead the development of people, performance, and organizations. The program is unique in its deep focus on real-world application and focus on innovation and creativity.
The successful candidate will demonstrate evidence of or potential for research, leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively with students, colleagues, and stakeholders. This position will take an active role in our community engagement efforts in the region.
Duties:This is a leadership position and is an eleven-month appointment. Please note that faculty rank and title are contingent upon the successful candidate's experience and qualifications. This faculty appointment will also include assisting the Associate Dean/Dean with programmatic responsibilities, program coordination, recruitment, and dissemination of program information.
The basic teaching workload for an 11-month position is three courses each semester (fall, spring, summer). Program leadership responsibilities will result in a one course teaching release each term (fall, spring, summer). This position includes involvement in master's end-of-year assessments, involvement in EdD dissertations, student recruitment, community engagement, curriculum development, internal service, and scholarship (which can include contributions to research outlets or practitioner settings).
As Program Lead, this position will play a key role in working to build and sustain the programs in Organizational Innovation and Change by:
- Providing overall vision and direction for the programs
- Leading the iteration and assessment of the program's purpose, scope, and outcomes
- Recruiting and partnership building
- Building community and regional relationships to advance the program
- Enhancing and executing our marketing plan for the program
- Serving as the primary faculty contact for prospective students
- Presenting and engaging with prospective students at various recruitment events, both in person and online
- Developing faculty and providing opportunities for professional development/collaboration to transform the teaching/learning experience
This colleague will hold the rank of assistant or associate professor, depending on experience level. This is a non-tenure eligible position with eligibility for promotion to associate and/or full professor. The position will work at both the Sacramento and Stockton Campuses, with primary campus assignment in Sacramento.
University of the Pacific recognizes that diversity, equity, and inclusion is foundational to the success of our valued students and employees. We prioritize policy and decision-making that demonstrates awareness of, and responsiveness to, the ways socio- cultural forces related to race, gender, ability, sexuality, socio-economic status, etc. impede or propel students, faculty, and staff.Minimum Qualifications:
- Doctoral degree in a field related to the following: learning, leadership, and change. Possible areas of study include human resource development, organization development, and organizational learning.
- Demonstrated prior University teaching experience both in-person and online
- Demonstrated success (minimum 8-10 years) as a senior practitioner in a field related to organizational learning and effectiveness
- Demonstrated success leading and growing academic program(s) for adult learners Demonstrated commitment to fostering a caring and rigorous educational environment
- Demonstrated leadership engaging with colleagues in innovative program and curriculum development, and teaching practices
- Demonstrated commitment to personal development and growth in one’s own teaching and practice
- Demonstrated excellence in applied scholarly research or evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated interest and experience in working in partnership with community groups, businesses, government agencies, and other organizations
- Demonstrated successful experience teaching online (minimum 5 years)
- Demonstrated experience with human-centered innovation methodologies (e.g., design thinking)
- Experience and sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated experience in advancing social justice, equity, and inclusion in a university setting.
- Ability to engage and integrate culturally responsive practices and knowledge in their work.
Duties require constant sitting and repetitive motion while using a computer keyboard and phone. Frequent walking, standing, and simple grasping. Occasional climbing stairs, walking across campus, stooping, and reaching. Constant communication using both spoken and written means. May be required to lift/carry up to 25 lbs.
The physical demands described here are representative but not definitive of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully.
Work Environment/Work Week/TravelWork is primarily performed in a standard office environment.Work performed during standard business hours. May require additional work hours outside standard business hours due to business needs. It may require travel to other campus sites and school sites.Special Instructions:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled; however, we will begin reviewing applications after August 25, 2023 . Please upload the following:
To apply, visit https://pacific.peopleadmin.com/postings/26191
- A letter of interest explaining
- How minimum qualifications are met
- Relevant experiences that have prepared you to lead this type of program
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of Three Professional References
University of the Pacific is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Pacific is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of faculty and staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its faculty and staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Please apply using the "Apply Now" button below
Jobs at The University of the Pacific.
When inquiring or applying for positions at The University of the Pacific, please also reference AcademicCareers.com
Applicants with dual-career considerations can find university jobs such as professor jobs, dean jobs, chair / department head jobs, and other faculty jobs and employment opportunities at The University of the Pacific and at other institutions of higher education in the region on www.AcademicCareers.com
To receive email alerts when new jobs at The University of the Pacific are posted, please sign up at new job openings at The University of the Pacific.